Good chance of more TV movies. Drools on keyboard.

slug

It basically looks like there are propositions for 'up to 3' TV film sresulting out of the probable delay until the conclusion of the season next year, and the cast, crew and sets still being available.

It looks like another example of the Writer's Strike actually extending the run of shows scheduled to conclude which were considered to be in danger of not being completed, the other key example being Scrubs, which has now been extended to an 8th season. And of course 'Caprica' would probably not have got off the ground without the lack of scripts during the strike.

However, plans to divide the final season of BSG predated the strike and it may be that they would have come to this conclusion either way.

Relevant issues concern the availability and pay of certain characters and the fact that any TV films would need to be seperated from the shows concluding arc, either being set in the past and or involving different settings, much like 'Razor.'

I would say that a concern is that they do not liberally balls up the continuity, Razor arguably did to an extent, what with the old Cylon basestar having never been reffered to etc, but can be forgiven overall, but any more on this line may start to stretch credibility.

I would say that its extremely likelytthat this will evolve into the first Cylon war miniseries idea. When they realise that its a great way to make use of the sets and cheap unkown actors, and not have to weave in any difficult retroactive continuity surrounding heavy story arcs. The guy they got to do a young Eddie Olmos in Razor was arguably strong enough to hold it together.

Oh yeh, and anything involving Lampkin would be excellent, chances are that he turned out to be such a strong character that they'll be bending over backwards to involve him, I doubt he's that overbooked either. Maybe they could do a nice tie in with the guy they've cast in 'Caprica' as Joseph Adama in some dodgy age make up flashbacks.

Overall I think its good news, if Razor is anything to go by.

Sources:

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/battlestar_galactica/index.html

http://galacticasitrep.blogspot.com/2008/05/wicked-cool-rumors.html