The Obsolete Technology Band

hayden

I didn't really know where to put this, so why not 10 Forward.

I was poking around the web as one does, and came across this little video, i thought it was pretty awesome. It's a bit slow for the first minute, then it really gets crazy.

He uses an old dot matrix printer as the drums, hdds for the vocals, an old hp canoscan for the bass and a zx spectrum for the guitar. lol soo cool :P

Introducing the Obsolete Technology Band!

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Theres a bit more detailed info at HackADay.com

it was okay but that first minute of nothing made me think I wasn't d/ling properly. being on dialup, I always think things aren't d/ling properly,lol.

Yeah the first minute is pretty rubbish, but after that its cool. lol, we've gotta get a save amnot borg fund together to rescue you from dial up. I imagine its very tedious.

it was okay but that first minute of nothing made me think I wasn't d/ling properly. being on dialup, I always think things aren't d/ling properly,lol.

Yeah the first minute is pretty rubbish, but after that its cool. lol, we've gotta get a save amnot borg fund together to rescue you from dial up. I imagine its very tedious.

web pages aren't that bad, mostly text and small images. larger media like videos and soundbytes can take awhile to d/l. that gets frustrating when all your friends are broadband users and keep sending you links to things. you feel a little technologically backward all of a sudden.

web pages aren't that bad, mostly text and small images. larger media like videos and soundbytes can take awhile to d/l. that gets frustrating when all your friends are broadband users and keep sending you links to things. you feel a little technologically backward all of a sudden.

mmm, that would not be good at all. I think its quite ironic that we are talking about a technologically backward internet service, even though its completely off topic, in a thread about obsolete technology. lol

haha, i think we should.. but tetsuo has most likely been through and made the appropriate edits. lol, only kidding. maybe we should make a forum topic that has no editing capabilities & has multiple discussions at once. So you have say 2 or 3 columns that are going on about something similar but branch off in different directions. That'd actually be pretty cool.