WORD:

Treknobabble

INFO:

trek·no·bab·ble [trek-noh-bab-uhl]

–noun

DEFINITION:

"incomprehensible technical language or jargon used in the Star Trek world"

EXAMPLE:

"..all we have to do, is repolarise the phase variance of the warp mainfolds to 47.7 tera-cochrens, then re-align eps conduit 22 alpha, to a narrow bandwidth......"

this topic was inspired by Tenebrae's post entitled, "Janeway's Third Way" which can be found

here. Read it. Its good.

A new day has come and gone and B33znutz has left us hanging for an in depth appreciation of trek literature. I therefor have decided it is my right, nay duty, to continue the thread.

WORD:

Trekkie

INFO:

Trekk·ie [treh-key]

-noun

DEFINITION:

"Trekkie (or Trekker) is a term used to describe a fan of all or part of the Star Trek fictional universe"

EXAMPLE:

• Jason Alexander (George Costanza on Seinfeld) is a 'Trekkie'. He is knowledgable about The Original Series and played the part of Kurros in the Voyager episode Think Tank. Also, the actor appeared in the Brad Paisley 2007 music video "On-Line" with William Shartner where he is seen in Vulcan Ears wearing a "Beam Me Up" T-shirt.
  • Anyone reading this, would more than likely be a trekkie.

TEST:

Can you name the cast and/or characters from more than one trek series?

If the answer is YES, then keen on trekkin'.

If the answer is No, then you better head to the video shop and hire out a couple of tapes.. You've got some research to do!