BSG, complete loss of interest.

hayden

Has this happened to anyone else.. Lately on BSG i find my self with a complete loss of interest in the show and have not watched it for about 3 or 4 weeks. I feel they got lost on the story line with this whole religion thing, and it seems like they're just playing off the Islam/Christianity debate atm. To tell the truth its rather like getting a mouth full from the media and I'm not into it. I'm really disappointed about this as before it got to season 4 this show was absolutely amazing.

The last episode i believed i watched was faith. Has anybody else had a similar experience with this show?

I dont think you can wrap up a show like BSG that easy, true the first few episodes have been slow but they had to be to build the story to its climax which we are now starting to see with "The Hub"

As for its playing on Islam v Christianity, I dont see it like that at all.  BSG has always had a region overtones even in the original series.

I know that its always had the over tones, but its just been going full throttle on them recently... And to me, it seems as if they've taken the wrong direction with the plot.

But as you say, if it is for lead up to a climax, then i suppose it could be warranted. Its just that IMO i don't want to see that strong of religious overtones in a Sci-fi series. When i think about it, this is really the only one that talks of a GOD. Most dabble in the idea of something beyond, but never really look at it in a perspective of.. "this is the true god and your wrong, follow me or die" ..kind of way.

How would you sum up the religious war theme then?

How would you sum up the religious war theme then?

I actually dont see it as a religious war at all, I see it as a war between machines vs robots, to quote the divinci code "while there has been one god there has always been wars in his name" which is sooo true....

Why is BSG such a hit? mainly because its different to the run of the mill sci-fi, it shows the dark side of humanity, Human weaknesses and Religion thats why it works so well.

Shame you have not watched the last 4 episodes as you will see a bigger picture where the story is going, and surely will end with a big bang :)

I'm sure i will end up watching them, its just that ive been a bit dissapointed lately.

You need a slap, hayden.

How the hell is it Christianity vs. Islam? It's MONOTHEISM vs. POLYTHEISM! If anything. The lords of Cobol vs. the Cylon god. So, more like Hinduism vs. Judaism.

It doesn't matter what type of gods they are. I feel that over the last few months, it seems to have increased the level of religious input, (which i clearly don't agree with). IMO it strongly relates to current media issues and i find it rather annoying. IMO religion shouldn't have any bearing on popular culture, all it does is cause arguments.. And i think the creaters of the show would probably agree with me, since thats what BSG seems to be all about these days.

Well, you have to watch this week. Last week's was great -- not as preachy.

lol, Sounds good. I better sus it out then. B)

Well, you have to watch this week. Last week's was great -- not as preachy.

lol, Sounds good. I better sus it out then. B)

There is the part where Baltar tells a Centurion about god. That was more funny than preachy tho =)

The past few episodes have been much better, Hayden, so I would encourage you to keep watching.

I too, was a bit dissapointed with the first few episodes, but it has really picked up, and I'm hooked once again. :D

I'll be getting into it on fri as its my first day of holidays after exams. then i go back to work full time. some holidays lol.