old sci-fi series....blake 7/space 1999/buck rodgers/logans run

Ulysses

I think i have space 1999 to thank for getting into sci fi series, I just remember being a kid and watching it from the late 70's whilst in Gibraltar. Not to mention having a toy eagle ship and a buck rodgers fighter thingie.

Downloading them from here has brought the memories back, actually some of the stories aint to bad actually if you can get past the laughable special effects. Still reckon the best non-trek space ships where eagle ships and the liberator out of blake 7, and oh yeah remember orac and zen...the two anoying computers on baord the liberator lmao

Come on gang whats your first memories of a sci-fi series as a ickle nipper????

I agree, Neomaster. Space:1999 helped re-up the interest in Sci-Fi in the US, since pretty much all we had at the time was ST reruns at 3 AM. I started out watching Trek as a kid, and went into withdrawal until they went into syndication. I never got to see Blake's 7, but had a great time watching Space:1999 and UFO.

One thing I could never figure out about UFO...who would design a ship that has only ONE weapon that fires ONE time? If you miss, you better be able to run like heck! :)

Oh, yeah, is the Eagle in your pic a Medical version?

Lmao almost right, its the rescue eagle (you can tell with the red stripes down the side).

I was watching the extras on the dvd i bought of 1999, stating that they couldnt really market the series without a american commander in the USA. hence why Martin Landau got casted as the commander....shame about that seeing as it was mostly a british series.

Blake 7 was about a band of galactic rebels, made by the BBC in the early 80's. Just ashame they wont re-run the series actually.

UFO....cant say i actually remembe that series, looks like a anderson production from the picture you posted.

Gerry Anderson was quite a good inventer of sci-fi series, shame he wasnt around today to make theses shows i.e space 1999, thunderbird etc etc

Blake 7 was about a band of galactic rebels' date=' made by the BBC in the early 80's. Just ashame they wont re-run the series actually.[/quote']

Yeah i can remember that....I liked it a lot in those days, but i saw a small piece of it the other day in a "remember the 80's TV show" and then i thought...Man that was a crappy low budget show.

My first SF TV series were Thunderbirds and TOS. I was born several years before TOS aired, but my parents waited until '68 to get a TV. It was a 27" B&W set that they were still using in the mid 90's. It even had tubes! They were quite restrictive about TV watching, but I loved sneaking a peek when my mother was out running errands after school. Also, I got to watch TV at friends' homes. Didn't catch TOS until syndication, though.

been looking high and low for the buck roger series :)

watched on swedish television in the 80 something but only a few episodes then i dont remember what happen think i grow up or something ;)

BEEDEE BEEDEE BEEDEE...

I remember Buck rogers I was watching that stuff when I was visiting my grandparents for lunch every saturday, it was aired on french first channel. I was not too found of that show even at that time, but it reminds me of great moments with my folks...

My first SF TV series were Thunderbirds and TOS. I was born several years before TOS aired' date=' but my parents waited until '68 to get a TV. It was a 27" B&W set that they were still using in the mid 90's. It even had tubes! They were quite restrictive about TV watching, but I loved sneaking a peek when my mother was out running errands after school. Also, I got to watch TV at friends' homes. Didn't catch TOS until syndication, though.[/quote']

I remember very well watching Thunderbirds on TV in the 70's, but I was very young 4 maybe 5, it was long before grandizer and all the japanes mangas came around... I loved that show, it was my favourite but I didn't know TOS at that time, I discovered it in Italy when I was 7, but it wasn't really aired before 1986 in France (even though a few shows of season 1 had been broadcasted in 1980 but for a very short time)

Living in Canada we have problems with good Sci-Fi. We get what the US has, only alot later. We're at the whim of programers with little taste or imagination. Blake 7; saw 1 show in the 80s, Buck Rodgers(hopfully not related to Mr. Rodgers); 5 shows in the 80s, Space 1999; the whole series(must be the Canadian actors) I liked Space 1999. It came the closest to real than fiction(except the plots) When I watched ST:TOS(when I was younger) my father would come in and shut it off, stating that it will never happen, and read about real science not crap. Later in life he watched it quite often.

Cartoon wise' date=' I used to love as a kid "Battle of the Planets" and "ulysis 31"[/quote']

I remember Ulysses 31 it's a french cartoon made in co-production with the japaneses, I didn't know it had been aired outside france. where are you from?