Movie: Serenity

nuages

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the film.

All I can say is its the best sci-fi movie I've seen in some time. Certainly the best this year by far. Where Star Wars ultimately disappointed, this one, while equally hyped in my mind, exceeded my expectations... and I even went in having browsed through the novelization through the halfway point.

Going to watch it a second time tommorrow. Joss Whedon is a god! ;)

SPOILER!!!!

I CAN'T BELEIVE THEY KILLED WASH!!!! AND THE SHEPARD!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously at the end of the movie i had no idea who was going to die, after Wash died and the Shepard i thought anyone of them could go pretty much, haven't felt so much suspense in a movie for a long time, really well put together film. I think he balanced well between making a movie for people who saw the tv series and making a movie for people who haven't. Although i think he leaned slightly more towards those who have seen the tv series, and understand that Wash and the Shepard dieing is insane!!!! like WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I didn't like how we saw the reavers right away though, i really enjoyed the suspense and mystery of not showing them. Although i don't think the movie could have done it another way. Would have made the film way too long to have the suspence of not seeing the reavers for 45 minutes. Its just too bad people who haven't seen firefly will never feel that :P

And i really like how they paralled the assasin and the Shepard. That was really good, but man WASH AND THE SHEPARD ARE DEAD!!!! WAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler also

i have a funny feeling about book he looked too old and diffrent i bet there is more of them somehow cause he was always a misterious fella. and Wash man i grabed my wifes hand and yelled. i was in shock for the rest of the movie. i thought everyone was gonna die. there was people crying all around me it was sad.

but hey he has had to show the seriousness of the situation and man it became really serious after the impaling. he was my fav.

YEAH SO SERIOUS!!! i'm stick in shock!!!!! !!!!! so are you saying there are several of The Shepard??? like he is a clone or something, like the assasin is a younger version of him?? or am I totally reading into what you said completely wrong :P

How was the turn out at the theatre??? for my showing there was only about %70 of the theatre filled, kind of dissapointing but hopefullly that amount will stay that amount for a long time or increase. I really want this film to do well. WASH!!!!! COME BACK!!!!!!

it was about 50% full i thought there would be more but i went to the second showing.

Now about book i recall on one of the episode i forget the name of it but the bad guy said he's no shepard. Now think if he was doing what the assain was doing like 20 years ago for the alliance. could it be the same guy hmmm . they kinda talked the same. and book is a kick ass fighter. i wonder if they bring back book as a bad guy in the next movie. i have to watch it again with different eyes.

Killing him off well leaving so much of a mystery about him is crazy!!!!! I guess they could do something in a movie where they learn lots about his past or something, I really wanted to know more about him. i hope time travel doesn't get involved though.

i doubt time travel will be involved thats Brandon Braga's gig.

i think leaving a big mystery about him can open hugh doors in story telling.. anything is posible with Book. and i have a funny feeling he will be a major player in the next movie.

I really hope there will be a next movie, or even the tv series starting up again!!!! It will be really strange without Wash though, I don't think i will ever get over that. Do you think the Shepard will turn out not to be dead???? or is it going to be a movie where the crew are doing something and it happens to be digging back further and further into his past. Or maybe they inheriate something from him or something which makes them go on a search for answers or something.

SPOILERS

Killing off main characters is a Joss Whedon signature move. He's done it on Buffy. He's done it on Angel. Didn't surprise me that he'd do it with Serenity. I had a feeling Shepard Book was going to die. He was a great character, and as much as I hate that we don't find out his back-story, I can see how his death propelled the story. Wash's death totally came from no where and really shocked me. So much so that I zoned out for the next few minutes. While I hated it, I can see where Joss was coming from. It's like on Buffy the Vampire Slayer when he killed off Buffy's mom. There was no reason for it, but it is realistic. That's life. Sometimes people die unexpectedly, and it hurts.

SPOILERS

Killing off main characters is a Joss Whedon signature move. He's done it on Buffy. He's done it on Angel. Didn't surprise me that he's do it with Serenity. I had a feeling Shepard Book was going to die. He was a great character, and as much as I hate that we don't find out his back-story, I can see how his death propelled the story. Wash's death totally came from no where and really shocked me. So much so that I zoned out for the next few minutes. While I hated it, I can see where Joss was coming from. It's like on Buffy the Vampire Slayer when he killed off Buffy's mom. There was no reason for it, but it is realistic. That's life. Sometimes people die unexpectedly, and it hurts.

hated the movie??? or hated wash dieing?

it shocked me SOO much too, and i've yet to see buffy and angel, but watching firefly has made me want to to watch them, and watching serenity has made me want to watch them now!!! need my whedon fix!!!

Hated Wash dying. LOVED the movie. I'll warn you- Joss Whedon is addictive. All his products should come with warning labels. ;) I didn't start watching Buffy until season six (it's next to last season). I now own ALL seven seasons on DVD, ALL five seasons of Angel, and the complete series of Firefly. If this movie does well, a trilogy is planned. I hope that pans out. It was #2 at the box office this weekend making 10 million. Sounds like it's off to a good start. I've seen it twice already, but that will probably be it until it comes out on DVD.

This was one of the best sci-fi movies I have seen in a long time. I had refrained from watching firefly so that I would not know anything about the movie to get its full effect. I will definately have to watch firefly now. I felt there could have been soo much more to this movie that they cut out for time. A 4 hour directors version would be nice.

Killing off Sheppard Book was a bad idea........There will no doubt be repercussions.

:(

what kind of repercussions, i found it harsher killing off wash!!!! poor poor wash, he was such a good guy. With hilarious antics.