Why is no one enforcing the rules?

theaveng

Certain persons have called me "sexist" (publcly) or "asshole" (privately) or "MPAA shill" (publicly)..... and various other insults.

The moderators did NOTHING.

Are the rules no longer being enforced? I have no objections to someone saying, "I think your idea is wrong" but I DO object to people saying, "you're an MPAA shill".

Attack ideas. Not people. That's how I interpret the rules, but I don't see it being enforced.

troy

Certain persons have called me "sexist" (publcly) or "asshole" (privately) or "MPAA shill" (publicly)..... and various other insults.

The moderators did NOTHING.

Are the rules no longer being enforced? I have no objections to someone saying, "I think your idea is wrong" but I DO object to people saying, "you're an MPAA shill".

Attack ideas. Not people. That's how I interpret the rules, but I don't see it being enforced.

troy

I don't agree with everything you post, Troy, but I agree that you seem to have become an outlet for some rather intolerant behavior on these forums.

troy some of your comments have been inflamatory sometimes which will sometimes wind people up, you have openly critised people that have downloaded various shows even thou you have admitted you have done it yourself.

we have a old saying back here in england "people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones".

The moderators do there best to ensure that the forum remains calm. Everyone can have there own opinions but some of the comments you have made may have been insulting to the moderators - so there trying to stop you - perhaps some of the comments you received were a bit "too much ".

The Moderators do there best to enforce the rules - it's possible they see your posts as comments that could cause arguments or is upsetting to people on the forum.

I have a feeling this topic may be locked quickly....

It seems our lovely moderators can't do anything right :p

No but seriously, most members like our forum as little moderated as possible... This means you can say almost everything you like, but don't expect everybody to be happy with your ideas...

And btw private messages should be kept private...

if you don't like something just don't read it

if you know someone is gonna hack you off

don't read their posts :)

me i read everything :) sometimes it's crap sometimes not but people are gonna be brave when they ain't face to face

Tolerance is the key.

I know I have a lot of unpopular views, but that's no reason to insult me. You ever heard of free speech? Naturally when that exists, somebody's going to say something you don't like. "You're an idiot" is not the mature response.

troy

... you're free to say what you think, just as I'm free to say what I think, and c4evap is free to say what she thinks, and so on. Sure, you're saying things that some people don't like, and they're responding. I fully agree that calling you an 'idiot' isn't called for, but (just as an example) someone comparing general features of women (such as their beauty) to animals and, well, objects would lead some to make conclusions about whether or not that person objectifies women.

The gist? You say what you think, people here say what they think, and there we go. Some of them are worse at giving good reasons than others, but we're all free to speak our minds here. "Idiot" and "MPAA Shill" is likely to be pretty inaccurate, though -_-'...

Tolerance is the key.

I know I have a lot of unpopular views, but that's no reason to insult me. You ever heard of free speech? Naturally when that exists, somebody's going to say something you don't like. "You're an idiot" is not the mature response.

troy

so why do you call me unpatriotic in the other thread, you say tolerance is the key, well practice what you say, seriously. You have lost my respect for you. Good day sir.