Any know how big the Dominion was...

GhostShadow

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also - in the episode - In Purgatory's Shadow - we are told they have many listening posts in the Gamma Quaderent and as the Dominion fleet gets closer and closer to the Wormhole - all these listening posts go off one by one - so there is obviously some space in the Gamma Quaderent near the wormhole where the Dominion dosn't control - also - if they did then i think we would have seen more of the Dominion in the Alpha Quaderent before the wormhole was discovered

I think that's just for a game set post Voyager and is hence' date=' purely speculative.[/quote']

I'm guessing that the actual Dominion territory would be similar to something they'd already seen.

But as you said it's for a game, the site has some other maps to:

http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/restoration/cartography.xhtml

http://www.uta.fi/FAST/US7/PAPS/images/trek-2.jpg

Also - in the episode - In Purgatory's Shadow - we are told they have many listening posts in the Gamma Quaderent and as the Dominion fleet gets closer and closer to the Wormhole - all these listening posts go off one by one - so there is obviously some space in the Gamma Quaderent near the wormhole where the Dominion dosn't control - also - if they did then i think we would have seen more of the Dominion in the Alpha Quaderent before the wormhole was discovered

Soon after the Wormhole is discovered a bunch of people come through and say they found "the eye" or something, apparently they were the first ones to find it in thier race, but their worlds were part of the Dominion I think, so that would signify that the Dominion would not have known about the wormhole before the federation discovered it.

I think it's pretty obvious that the Dominion didn't know about the wormhole before the Federation came through but we have no real idea as to when they become aware of the Federation intrusions.

As to the listening posts... well, it could be that before that point the Dominion didn't see any point in destroying them. After all, they WERE used to fake an attack so that the Founders could wipe out the Federation/Klingon/Romulan fleets sitting at DS9. So I'm not sure that they existed is evidence of the space not being Dominion territory... although t's hard to say, really.

Let me quote an old master...

If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu

"The Art of War"