DS9 Creator Dead at 57

Lycaeon

From Ain't It Cool news.

DEEP SPACE NINE Creator Micahel Piller is Dead.

I am one sad Hercules.

Five reasons why Michael Piller dying sucks:

1) He practically saved the entire “Star Trek†franchise from extinction when he joined the writing staff of “The Next Generation†a couple years into its run.

2) He created “Deep Space Nine,†easily the best of the “Star Trek†series.

3) He masterminded “Star Trek’s†open-submission policy, which got Jane Espenson’s foot in the TV-writing door.

4) He created the TV version of “The Dead Zone,†another great show (at least while he was running it).

5) He was only 57 fucking years old.

My reason why it sucks he's dead is that he didn't take Berman and Braga with him.

Lycaeon

first scotty... now this.... man!!!

I just finish watching DS9 yesterday, i didn't care much for it when it came out, but now i think it was the best series so far!!!

i must admit i got a lump in my throught on relizing the end!! :(

i guesse hope for a DS9 movie are gone too :(

again... :(

Yeah i saw this on ST.com - real shame but he put up a valiant fight against cancer

Though i don't think this means there won't be a DS9 movie bones2097 - there still could be one and i think one should be made and have a sort of tribute to Michael Piller in it....some how....

Yeah i saw this on ST.com - real shame but he put up a valiant fight against cancer

Though i don't think this means there won't be a DS9 movie bones2097 - there still could be one and i think one should be made and have a sort of tribute to Michael Piller in it....some how....

You really saw it on ST.com? I can't find it anywhere... :p

so there is a light???? :)

i don't think there could be anything more fitting... :D