Should male/male - female/female - couples be allowed to have children?

TetsuoShima

a child needs to have different parental figures' date=' a male and a female, so i think the child would lose a certain amount of a "natural" child hood. although i might be comming across abit harsh but it's main way i see it.[/quote']

I have a friand who is a sinlge mom and let me tell you her son was so eager to be/meet his dad when he was neglecting him (dad I mean). her son really missed the father figure and when dad become more mature and started to visit the boy - this little boy was almost in heaven :)

children tend to be with their parents even if parents are not close to them and even when parents are not good parents. which is odd considering the situation. be it as it may - children need/tend to have them as a role models for future relationships. it teaches them how woman/man relations in the family work. if they dont learn that at home, they will have to learn by themselfs when they get older and that is alwas the long way.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I belive sly12 is trying to say is that we are only humans and if you like one thing (women in lesbians case) you will naturally incline to present your case in better light.

and yes, we are "assuming that liking men is the default option" - in nature it is so. "that if you don't like them, then you must be a Lesbian" - :) well that is not entirely true, but it is most likely however. instead being a lesbian you can be a pedofile, animal "lover".. but lets say this are deviations not worthy of thinking/mentioning..

We don't know it's the default option in humans, who are much more pliable than other animals. Also, there is a lot of homosexual behaviour in 'nature.' Giraffes do it, various species of geese do it, cattle do it, hyenas do it, and even a species of primate (foget what they are called) exhibit this behaviour regularly, to name a few. If it is the default option, why do we have to constantly reinforce it, and why are straight people so worried about people becoming gay? If it's as easy to 'convert' people as some people seem to think, then it must be an awfully weak preference. If having gay parents makes you gay, since the vast majority of gay people have straight parents, and hence grow up in a straight environment, how can these gay people become gay?

And, being a Lesbian does not mean that they hate men. It's neither true nor likely. As I said, it simply means they prefer women as partners. Lesbians have friends of both sexes. And, again, if it's the default option, why the worry?

Pedophiles are almost always heterosexual and frequently have adult female partners at the the same time. Hence, their attraction to children does not mean that they have an aversion to adults. People who are attracted to animals are the same way. Also, pedophilia is generally a form of sexual assult, not a relationship between consenting adults. As for the animals, under the law consent would be considered an impossibility. Hence, this analogy is not valid.

we can play semantics here what default really means but for me default has a function - reproduction in this case. being pleasent its just a side effect.

you said to sly12 that: You are assuming that liking men is the default option, and that if you don't like them, then you must be a Lesbian.

but if a woman doesnt like sexual (or any for that matter) relations with men what would you assume? I would think she is into other gender. makes sense to me, in 90% its most logicall assumption.

now, totally other matter is if she doesnt like you in particular - then she is definetly not a lesbian :)

we can play semantics here what default really means but for me default has a function - reproduction in this case.

The other has important functions to. For example, it enhances group cohesion among animals, which helps them survive. If they don't survive, they don't get to reproduce. Hence, the two types of behaviour are complementary. In human society, such liaisons can bring different families into social relationships with each other, which can result in the establishment of heterosexual relationships that lead to reproduction. Of course, these days it doesn't matter all that much, because the world is overpopulated and technology has made sex unnecessary for reproduction.

being pleasent its just a side effect.

Just? It's the main reason people do it. Reproduction is the side effect. At one time people didn't even know that sex caused reproduction; so, the reasons for doing it were social and physical, not reproductive.

but if a woman doesnt like sexual (or any for that matter) relations with men what would you assume? I would think she is into other gender. makes sense to me, in 90% its most logicall assumption.

now, totally other matter is if she doesnt like you in particular - then she is definetly not a lesbian :)

There's nothing logical about making assumptions. Not being physically attracted to men is not the same as disliking them. Nuns don't have sex with men either, and I personally know heterosexual women who don't have sex with men, but prefer to be celibate. They're still phyically attracted to them, but either they don't trust them, or they have other reasons for purusing that particular path.

The other has important functions to. For example, it enhances group cohesion among animals, which helps them survive. If they don't survive, they don't get to reproduce. Hence, the two types of behaviour are complementary.

There's nothing logical about making assumptions.

aha! you are making assumptions even when its not logical but its wrong when I make it. double standard here? ;)

I mean you can say that "you think" the two types of behaviour are complementary, but that is an assumption not a proven fact becose there has been no research which would support that claim.

Not being physically attracted to men is not the same as disliking them. Nuns don't have sex with men either, and I personally know heterosexual women who don't have sex with men, but prefer to be celibate. They're still phyically attracted to them, but either they don't trust them, or they have other reasons for purusing that particular path.

I totally understand what you are trying to say, but you see there is logic about making assumptions - if the majority of yours assuptions is correct, then it saves time. and thats what people do - they are trying to make it easier for themselfs. they will alwas try to do it the easier way. its human..

you are so relentless to people sometimes.. :) high standards cant always be applied on the majority - at least not yet..

Just? It's the main reason people do it. Reproduction is the side effect. At one time people didn't even know that sex caused reproduction; so, the reasons for doing it were social and physical, not reproductive.

I'd have to disagree with that... even the oldest civilizations knew that sex led to having kids, although they often came up with weird ideas as to why it worked... I can't think of any examples of cultures that genuinely didn't link sex to having kids. I suppose you can give an example?

hm, neanderthals (spelling?) perhaps? way back I think..

I totally agree - even the oldest civilizations knew that sex led to having kids. and they have invented patriarchal society becose of that. they were actually smart as we are, just not advaced.