Interest in fan-created Star Trek shows?

Rubus

Hello, everyone! :-)

I've been trying to download a lot of the fan-created Star Trek shows, and even though they are basically "home movies", some of them are acutally pretty cool and kind of fun to watch. I've downloaded the first three seasons of "Star Trek - Hidden Frontier", and if there is interest from you folks, I'd be more than happy to seed them.

I do have a few questions I hope you all will please help me out with. I consider myself NOT a techie kind of guy, so I'm happy I've figured out how to download from here. I have NO idea how to upload something brand new from my computer onto this site. If there is an "Uploading/seeding For Dummies" section you can point me towards, that would be great. I'm using Azureus, so instruction for that program would be helpful.

Another question I have is that if people ARE interested in me seeding/uploading some of this fan-created stuff, where would be the appropriate place on this site to post it? I've downloaded some of the fan-created videos, some MP3 audio episodes (pretty cool and slightly "dark"), and some novels. Yes, I was having a bit of a Trek-A-Thon this past weekend. :-)

Well, I just wanted to ask for your input because I don't want to screw anything up and end up pissing people off and getting kicked off of here. Any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :-)

Personally I couldn't stand that FAT hero in hidden frontier. He's that admiral dude who looks like a cross between a guy n a girl I think. I'm pretty sure he's the creator.

Now if you wanna see a GOOD ST fan based thing. Get...

STAR WRECK: In the Pirkining.

The website is "http://www.starwreck.com/"

You can DL [download] the entire movie from there. Mind you.... its not only for the Trekkies but the B-5 [babylon 5] fans as well and its in Finnish with subs.

BUT

It's easily the best thing out there and the effects work wipes the floor with anything TNG or DS-9 had.

The fights are unbelievably good... seriously... you won't know how good until you see it.

If these guys ever decided to do some serious stuff... they'd easily make a mark.

So yeah... GET THAT... n screw HIDDEN FRONTIER n NEW JOURNEYS or whtever.

Personally I couldn't stand that FAT hero in hidden frontier. He's that admiral dude who looks like a cross between a guy n a girl I think. I'm pretty sure he's the creator.

Now if you wanna see a GOOD ST fan based thing. Get...

STAR WRECK: In the Pirkining.

The website is "http://www.starwreck.com/"

You can DL [download] the entire movie from there. Mind you.... its not only for the Trekkies but the B-5 [babylon 5] fans as well and its in Finnish with subs.

BUT

It's easily the best thing out there and the effects work wipes the floor with anything TNG or DS-9 had.

The fights are unbelievably good... seriously... you won't know how good until you see it.

If these guys ever decided to do some serious stuff... they'd easily make a mark.

So yeah... GET THAT... n screw HIDDEN FRONTIER n NEW JOURNEYS or whtever.

I 2nd that. :cyclops:

Okay, okay, I'll third that, but I haven't had a chance to actually WATCH the 'Star Wreck' show yet. I did find it and download it this past weekend, but I ended up downloading more than I could actually watch. I'll add my two cents on it after I actually watch it, but thanks for pointing me in the direction of it. :-)

(Quote=Rubus)

Okay, okay, I'll third that, but I haven't had a chance to actually WATCH the 'Star Wreck' show yet. I did find it and download it this past weekend, but I ended up downloading more than I could actually watch. I'll add my two cents on it after I actually watch it, but thanks for pointing me in the direction of it. :-)

(/Quote)

If I can't spare the time, I don't download until I can. :thinking:

Well, as long as you seed em until you've seen them... (or atleast >1.000 ratio).

Oh, I always let something seed at leat 1:1, and I've seeded the "snake_eyes" Voyager season 3 up to a ratio of 8, so I'm doing my part to help out, and I'm VERY happy to do my part. Since I have absolutley NO clue how to rip a DVD or even upload something, the least I can do is offer my bandwidth. I don't use my internet connection too much that I need it all for myself, and if seeding things as long as possible helps everyone else, it's my pleasure to help out. :-)

I haven't watched any of the New Voyages stuff yet, except for one episode, so I can't comment on them yet. On their website they ask people to watch something from their sixth season first and not judge them off of their earlier stuff as they've just gotten into their stride. I'm going to watch them from start to finish in order, and then I'll give my opinion on them. However, it's all new to me, so it's cool. :-)

I can say that I really DO enjoy the MP3 radio episodes that I downloaded. It's "Section 31" stuff, but the stories are really good. I've got a LOT of new Star Trek to watch - have to run. ;-)

Howdy all. I've just finished downloading all six season of 'Star Trek Hidden Frontier'. I'll slowly begin watching them from start to finish and post my opinions, just in case anyone is curious and hasn't seen any of them.

Ok... how come none of us HERE do anything like thaT !?

As why don't WE create a cool ST movie. Seriously.

The Pirkining guys got asked by paramount to make stuff for them. Paramount even offered to release their movie theatrically after polishing up some of the effects.

I would definitely try the animation... but sadly I'm still on the learning stage of MODELLING in Maya.