I'm bored - Any good Internet Radio worth listening to?

theaveng

Right now I'm listening to BBC World Service & it's starting to repeat itself. I could use a good entertainment site, if one exists?

Normally I'd listen to brandoclassicotr.com but unfortunately the site is full & I can't connect.

troy

Unfortunately, both of those places are blocked by my workplace.

Guess I'll just have to buy the CDs directly.

Have you tried a proxy while at work? It might be a little slower but hey, if you can proxy to shoutcast.com thats all the radio-station style music you need right there.

I don't understand. How would a proxy help me get past Work's "this website is forbidden" message?

troy

It would depend on the software used to "block" that site. If your administrator is blocking access by ports, then using a proxy would just be a backdoor to get around the ports you aren't allowed to use.

If your administrator is using something like websense or any other "nanny" type program to filter X categories out of browsing then there are other methods similar to proxies you can use to get past the filtered site and/or filtered word list.

I don't understand. How would a proxy help me get past Work's "this website is forbidden" message?

troy

Try one of these:

www.peacefire.org

www.anonymizer.com

www.unipeak.com

www.anonymouse.org

www.proxyweb.net

www.guardster.com

www.webwarper.net

www.the-cloak.com

c4 B)

Forbidden, this page is categorized as: Anonymizers. I get a similar message with demonoid.com. "Forbidden, this page is categorized as: P2P/Personal Network Storage."

(shrug) Oh well. I just bought 425 "old time radio" cds, so I'll listen to them while I'm working. If I can't download the radio programs, I'll buy them!

;-)

Well, can you get to Google? If so, they can't block every web based proxy you'll find on Google.

And if you really want to get around it, someone can post a list of proxy IP's. If you know what you're doing with your browser, you can change it's IP without having to worry about your company's web filtering.