Trek's Continuity

Mav

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Cochrane moved to Alpha Centauri after he discovered Warp Drive.

In Voyager's first episode, I believe, they said it was redesigned so it could go high warp without damaging space, and I would assume all other Starfleet ships were redesigned in the same way. Those speed restrictions were just temporary, as you'll recal, being necessary until Warp Drive could be redesigned to fix that problem.

Well, like I said earlier (jokingly) about replicators vs. transporters is true. You can transport things that can't be replicated because the thing itself is being converted to energy and back again, rather than taking some other energy and turning it into that thing. It's not a convenience of script thing (except for the first time) because after it is said once, everybody has to hold to it. It's not like they said the White can't be replicated, and then replicated it a few episodes later. It can't be replicated, but it can be transported, just like latinum.

The speed limit was - I believe - fixed by angling nacelles or somethng equally unlikely. The real reason if probably that they thought it would be cool if Voyager's nacelles had to "slot" into place.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't this require all ships from that point on to have their nacells also do the "slot" into alignment as well?

I ask cause, again correct me if wrong, I don't remember the Prometheus doing that. I remember it had the three-part seperation, and Andy Dick as the holographic Mark II doctor, but I don't recall its warp nacells moving into any position. So either they forgot or came up with something new?

I'm not sure - I think they found a way to modify the warp drive so it didn't do the damage but to be honest, most of this stuff isn't canon. So you just fill in the blanks with the most sensible thing you can.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the Federation to develop gigantic transformer robots to fight in space.