"previously on BSG" stuff that *never* appeared on BSG

SpaceSAM

at the start of 2x17, in the "previously on BSG" section, there's 2 phrases (one by number 6, the other by commander Adama) that I don't recall ever hearing in past episodes.

The one by Commander Adama, telling who he chose as new commander for Pegasus (Garner or whatever his name is), I'm sure wasn't there in the scene showed, I checked the episode that is scene is from (black market).

the other, number-six telling Gaius he *has* to run for president, I don't remember either. Did they just make that up ?

I always assumed that part was summing-up past episodes, possibly using different words than the exact ones used by the characters at the time, but still just sum-up what happened, and not *add* new elements to the past. Isn't that the usual assumption ?

Maybe those will be on the season 2 DVD extras?

hmm yeah it might have been deleted scenes in past episodes, that werent needed then but became mandatory for the background of this one.

still feels like a quick, small addition to the past to overcome a lack of planning when cutting the previous episodes .

I'd agree those 2 sentences are merely details, but they were enough to make me feel like I had skipped an episode somewhere, bad way to start a new episode.

so it is a bad idea to remove "previously on BSG" from a dvdrip.
No just make sure that the complete 'previous' episode is ripped first.

We often get more because of our unique position. Much like certain games got censored content during the nineties there's often more seen in UK tv than in US shows.

I think this was probably a case of needing more time for commercials.

I think this was probably a case of needing more time for commercials.
That always seems to be the case. :(

The UK version is available at Best Buy and I was wondering why I'd buy that instead of the US version. I just figured six was naked in the UK version and although that is a good reason, the additional story footage is an even better one.

I've noticed this too, but I don't think we are meant to infer from this that everything in the recap is canon. They have definitely used deleted scenes and even new (recorded for the recap itself) voice-overs, but that's just because the scenes that are canon don't say what needs to be said clearly enough for a viewer to understand fully from a two-second flashback. The recap is meant to bring new viewers up to speed, not give new information to regular viewers.

I am told by my friend Paul in Holland' date=' both sentances are in the British broadcast version, which seems to carry more content per episode.[/quote']

I wonder if this is different in Season 2 vs. Season 1 due to the flip in broadcasting schedules in the U.S. & the U.K.?

I have the full U.K. Sky One broadcasts from a friend. The first time I noticed an "unseen previously" was in the recap for Kobol's Last Gleaming when Gaeta explains the purpose of the Cylon transponders. I do not believe that scene snippet appeared in any previous Sky One broadcast -- it was an unseen previously for both the SciFi Channel and Sky One. Can anyone who has seen UK season one episodes confirm?

I have the full U.K. Sky One broadcasts from a friend. The first time I noticed an "unseen previously" was in the recap for Kobol's Last Gleaming when Gaeta explains the purpose of the Cylon transponders. I do not believe that scene snippet appeared in any previous Sky One broadcast -- it was an unseen previously for both the SciFi Channel and Sky One. Can anyone who has seen UK season one episodes confirm?

Season 1 Episode 11 31 minutes in Gaeta explains about how they give off burst of energy when in close poximity

We aren't as commerciallised so quite often we get more episode for our money (figuratively speaking)

Actually Farscape did something similar with the season 4 opener recap but the footage actually wasn't in a previous episode.

The conversation seemed dubded in. When the faces were turned that is when the actors spoke. The reply from Adama "He's the best they got" was the exactly the same sentence from (Home Part 1) when he promoted Lieutenant Birch to CAG. It's almost like forshadowing... Did anyone else notice this?

I first watched the mini series after getting into the series on skyone in the uk. I was suprised that the mini series they showed was only 1hour 45mins long, i had recorded this so i could check because the ones ones on the net were about 3hrs long. They had even cut out the reason why all the mk5s were gone from galatica. Luckly some nice person uploaded it so we re watched the miniseries on the pc.

Im wondering where they are heading with the series, only 2more eps to go now!.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that discrepancy with the "previously on..." as well, I was confused and had to go back and check the previous episode.

There was also another ep with "previously on..." that showed some tension between Apollo and Dee when working out that I dont remember seeing in an episode. Or was I just not paying enough attention in that case?

I certainly remember the trainign scene where adama and D were working out together and training together, practicing throws etc.

That was in an original broadcast, there do appear to be slight variations between the uk and us broadcasts however, will know more as S2 progresses

I must go buy a Uk dvd of the miniseries, as i did see it at new years on sky in the uk, but it might have been the shorter variant, can't remember now if it was 3 hours long or longer.

Sidenote the farscape peacekeepr wars miniseries has 2 variants also, one 3 hour and one split into 2 epsiodes which is longer, noticed this durign a rerun over here also