Valley of the Wolves Iraq

mateya

this is too funny to be missed

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02/02/turkish.movie.ap/

The film comes on the heels of a novel, "Metal Storm," about a war between Turkey and the U.S., which has been a best-seller for months.

"The scenario is great," Istanbul Mayor Kadir Topbas told The Associated Press after the film was shown at a posh opening gala Tuesday night. "It was very successful."

The movie's American stars are Billy Zane, who plays a self-professed "peacekeeper sent by God," and Gary Busey as the Jewish-American doctor.

In the movie, one of the Turkish special forces officers commits suicide to save his honor. His farewell letter reaches Polat Alemdar, an elite Turkish intelligence officer who travels to northern Iraq with a small group of men to avenge the humiliation.

There they find a rogue group of U.S. soldiers led by officer Sam William Marshall - played by Zane. In the bloodfest that ensues, the small band of Turks bonds with the people of Iraq and eventually ends American atrocities there, killing Zane and his men in the final scene.

i was just planning on downloading a telesync or whatever I could find for this, just to see what it's all about. But the words "and Gary Busey as the Jewish-American doctor. " TOTALLY jumped out at me.

If they have that line on the back of the DVD jacket, they just earned my $19.99 llus shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Turkish and i hate that movie as i hated it when it started as a tv/series first. It was on tv for nearly four years, and in the final 2 episodes of the series Sharone Stone and Alec Baldwin were playing as the leaders of the world mafia ( I really don't know what that means. sooo stupid)

This tv series become a phenomena here. Some sociologist are even writing papers about why people do like this stupid nonsense. It is a mafia movie, praising the acts of mafia.