Interview with the Pirate Party

Megalith

If you've been following whats been happening in sweden to do with the pirate bay and the p2p issue in sweden then this story is about the Pirate Party, a group of people who have decided to stand for parliament in an attempt to change the law. Here is the Interview with Rick Falkvinge the founder of the Pirate Party.

I will be following there elections closely :) they are arguing for amongst other things an overhaul of the copyright laws to reduce the expiry time from 70 years after the artists death to 5 years from release, to allow artists to sample from other artists works and release it as a new work and to prohibit completely the use of DRM's.

What they are doing is great and I might even give my vote to them.

All the conventional parties doesn't dare to bring these issues up, cause they fear the "Big Corps" and to lose some of their oldfashioned conservative voters, if they would support anything "illegal".

On the news today (www.aftonbladet.se, 5 april) filesharing is still considered a minor and will still be only a fineable offense...

And the chances of being caught sharing is virtually zero, cause ones IP (privacy) is protected by law as long as your offense is minor.

Also the fines are based on ones income and if you have low incomes the fines range from $60 - $2500 (average fine is about $1000).