Why is no one talking... about X3?

Did anyone like X3? I watched it yesterday for the first time and I got bored with it very quickly and I am an X-Men comic fan. I thought there was no character devlopment at all.........most of the new character shave exciting background stories which could be made into films themselves e.g. the rise of Doc Oc in Spiderman 2..........my general feeling was that the film makers were trying to do too much at once. It will be interesting to see if X4 is any good with out the main characters........and lets not forget about the Wolverine film which is out next year.

Also, don't forgot about Nightcrawler... or do... like the film did. Completely. Guess it was House of M!

Personally, I think Bryan Singer would have done better if he'd been here rather than Superman Returns but I guess it was not to be... but there you go, Hollywood movie executives are idiots.

As to X4 - it's hard to say... let's hope it's not rubbish. They're also going to make a Magneto film, apparently. That could be pretty cool. Not sure how Wolverine will be... I've never really seen why people think he is the be all and end all of awesome (as many a swooning fanboy seems to).

Wolverine has got SCHWING (thats his claws extending and retracting lol) I think the high interest comes in this character because hes so lethal.........you can punch stab kick and shoot the guy but just like the terminator hes keeps getting up. Thats where the coolness is.

The idea of Magneto film in my opinion sucks..........although theres another job for Patrick Stewart in it, I dont believe his background story is anywhere near as exciting as the Weapon X story of Wolverine and his relationship with Lady Death Strike. A Rogue film would be a cool idea as I always liked her although I felt that the actor who plays her needs to reduce her body weight a little to do it..........she was looking just a little chubby faced in X3. Fame must be catching up with her!

I am lead to believe that the actor who played Nightcrawler (who was by the way in my opinion is the coolest character in X2) didnt want to some back....what a shame!

I'm surprised... I'd have thought Alan Cumming would have loved to do another X-men film... but then, X3 was riven with problems (self-inflicted mainly) so I wouldn't be surprised if Cumming saw the way the wind was blowing and didn't bother.

I'd guess a Magneto film would show him and Prof. X being chums and then the events that eventually led them to have a spate and Magneto going off to star his diabolical plans.

That's a fairly good explanation of Wolverine's appeal... I also think it's kind of like the "batman" factor. He's got powers but they aren't that great but he's just sufficiently hardcore that he can take on "heavy hitters" and best them. He made healing factors very popular.

Despite the 'coolness' of wolverine I will agree with the critics that we see too much of him. The films have hardly touched on the background stories of any of the Brotherhood. Those bad guys come and go like no ones business. If I am right there should be a lot more on Sabertooth in the new Wolverine film.

What is interesting is that one of the scenes that was cut from X3 was of The Blob......or a character a lot like him.

Dont get me started on Batman I remember having a three hour arguement with an office full of people on the topic of 'is Batman a super hero' ! As far as I am concerned he is!

I don't think we really got much backstory for ANYONE that wasn't Wolverine, I think that having him as the kind of plot focus for the first 2 films worked though... the third one was very aimless.

Am I the only person that thinks when Magneto says "you always think it's about you." In the original, when of course his diabolical plan had nothing to do with Wolverine - was a swipe at the prevalence and vast overuse of the character. Of course, him, Spidey and Captain America are Marvel's meal tickets. You could have those three knitting and drooling fanboys would still buy a dozen copies.

They cut a bunch of stuff out of X3, I've got a friend and all one need say is X3 and he'll go off on one about how and why it all went so horribly wrong. It's best not to think about it.

I figure that "superhero" is kind of a catch-all term and that it doesn't have to mean the hero in question has superpowers, just that their acts of heroism are by their nature grand... or maybe that they can take on supervillains. I'd say he's just a non-powered superhero but then, Marvel and DC are full of people with no powers... Batman and the Punisher are both sans powers but they've both taken on and beaten heavy hitters.

My argument was that to be a super hero one has to be able to achieve super human feats................and the Bat through his special training and gadgets does exactly that on a regular basis.

Your right there are so many Marvel characters that gain power from the suit......take Ironman.......now theres a film that needs to be made when CGI improves.

In the cartoon......Spidey joins forces with the X-Men.......na forget it.

Suits providing powers has become a big aspect of the Ultimates - presumably because the government realised that you didn't want to give people powers you couldn't take away... Ironman is a good example but then, it's arguable that he was the smartest billionaire playboy come superhero... mainly because he was in a god damned suit of flying armour and not running around in spandex (like Batman, Green Arrow etc.) but I'd say that you don't need superpowers to be a superhero, that's just my feeling though. There's no hard and fast rule - obviously.

Not sure how the Ironman film will pan out - I think it'll depend more on the script than anything.

I remember that episode, that's when Spidey is angsting about being a mutant (you can hang on walls, does it MATTER?)... the main thing I remember is that the X-men looked horrible.