BlackNova Traders Reset

NiteShdw

BlackNova Traders will be reset on June 4, 2006 (unless the majority of users want to change the reset date).

During the time before the reset, take the time to 'try' out new things that you haven't done yet. Play with planetary settings, join an alliance, attack someone's planet, cruise around the universe, figure out the difference between real space moves and warp jumps, test out the different devices available at special ports, etc. You will want to be more familiar with the gameplay so you have a better chance after the reset.

Before the reset, please post any comments about the game settings and fairness. I will use the time before the reset to tweak game settings until we're satisfied that the game will be fair.

Currently, the only planned changes are:

- Reducing the universe size to 3000 sectors instead of 5000 sectors.

- Turns will accumulate every 2 minutes rather than every 1 minute (to slow down the pace of the game)

Remember that this Blacknova Traders server is open to anyone, not just forum users. Feel free to tell friends and post links on other forums. The more players, the more fun the game will be.

I like that turns will accumulate at a slower pace. The wife was going to kill me for the time that I was spending to keep up with the pace of the game.

though I don't know about droping the size to 3000 sectors. As time goes on more and more people will join in on the game and things might get a bit crowded.

I am fine with the reset date. The sooner it is the better, then I know I wont have to redu to many things to get back to the level I am. Nothing worse than to be at levels 20-25 or more and have the game reset then. Espesially now that the game will go slower than it has.

yeah, I have to agree with keeping the galaxy at 5000. The more people that play, the more real estate will be needed. Also, it's not really fair when you get a jerk like S0V13T that spends 3/4 of his turns cruising the galaxy for the soul purpose of exterminating the opposition, and assimilating their planets. The more room there is the batter everyones chances are to not get rocked by the Red war machine ;)

I'm fine with slowing the game down, as the only time I play is during my AM coffee, and after work when I have like 400 turnes saved up anyways, so from my perspective, 200 will be just as good.

Also, I'd also rather have the big reset happen sooner, as opposed to later, as I believe that I have a pretty good grasp on how the game is played. But, there are obviouslly a ton of other players that would definatelly benefet from a little more practice, and 'learning the ropes'. June 4th is good for me, june 11th is good too, one hour from now also does the job imo as well.

Also, remember everyone. Whenever I liberate one of your worlds, I am increacing their quality of life. All citizens of of my personal empire enjoy free health care, universal sufffarage, and very competitive wages, and worker benefets in my vast network of Ore refineries, Organics fields, Goods factories, Energy reactors, accounting stations, and all Enlisted men and women building Fighters and Torpedos get all that, and a very lucrative paid vacation pakage.

The S0V13T Union, Founding Orginization behind The Moderator Union, is dedicated to looking after the rights and welfare of ALL workers. Sometimes by force.

Edit: by the way NiteShdw, nice job getting the "Online Players" working.

How many turns will be available at start?

2500-3500 turns is way to many. I'd prefer 1000-1500 to get a slow start.

The default for the game is 1800 turns for new players. I will set it back to the default for the reset.

I'm all for a smaller universe at the moment i can go for days without seeing another craft i think making it harder to get planets and meeting more people along the way will make the game harder which is a good thing.

as for making the reset on the 4th i would agree with that.

will we all need to reaply with emails or will the existing data be transferred?

Yeah the 1 min turn was good at first but damn i too have given up a lot of time from my gf to play

The default for the game is 1800 turns for new players. I will set it back to the default for the reset.

I liked it at the 3500 turns. It gave me a good opportunity to do some great catch up in the ranks. I say we compromise at around 2200, or just leave it at 3500.

Another thing that would be nice to see changed is the amount of colonists you can have on the planet. It would be nice to see them get to at least 100 - 200 million. Its to easy to get it to 75 million colonists.

I liked it at the 3500 turns. It gave me a good opportunity to do some great catch up in the ranks. I say we compromise at around 2200, or just leave it at 3500.

It's a good idea to increase the starting turns after some days to give late starters a chance to catch up.

also...

There should be an official end date/turn.

and...

Winner&/winning alliance should be made historic in a pinned topic in the games section.

It seems pretty clear that most people want to move the reset up. I will change the official reset date to June 4, 2006.

As far as how long the game should run: Should we run the game for 2 months? The next reset would be August 1, 2006.

More changes:

TURNS: I will set the starting turns to 2000 (to a nice round number). After 1 week, I'll increase it to 2500. The MAX number of turns you can accumulate will be left at 3500 (for those that only play once a week).

COLONISTS: I will set the max number of colonists to 100 million

TRADING: I will double the amount of each item that a port will trade. I've been trying to make organics and energy more worth while to trade.

Also' date=' remember everyone. Whenever I liberate one of your worlds, I am increacing their quality of life. All citizens of of my personal empire enjoy free health care, universal sufffarage, and very competitive wages, and worker benefets in my vast network of Ore refineries, Organics fields, Goods factories, Energy reactors, accounting stations, and all Enlisted men and women building Fighters and Torpedos get all that, and a very lucrative paid vacation pakage.[/quote']

all well and good for the great leaders of empires but the religous casts have to take it or lump it.

Glad that the reset is imminent i have learned a lot of lessons the hardway.

Currently i am losing my planets all over the place after my home territories(with my landed ship on them while i was asleep) where Obliterated by unwelcome invaders not belonging to any alliance. he did however lose his craft in the process but was back soon after to finish off the job. life sucks sometimes lol.

he did however lose his craft in the process but was back soon after to finish off the job. life sucks sometimes lol.

Utomjordingen (aka Hilander72).

My ship survived the first time and after a quick resupply I came back and fininshed to job. :)

You're right though, I got my ship destroyed some turns later (bad case of megalomania). :(

ps. I renamed your former home world -> Hilanders World. :p

lmao Hilander your a scoundrel i had big plans for the next day got up and clicked all my planets to collect the money and didnt have enough turns to collect it lol then i realised i had lost my ship :-s life sucks lol learning many lessons tho number one dont use the bank

Another thing that would be nice to see changed is the amount of colonists you can have on the planet. It would be nice to see them get to at least 100 - 200 million. Its to easy to get it to 75 million colonists.

thats bullshit. it took me a long ass time to get that, i think that people would be at a huge disadvantage if they were a new player or a player who didnt cheat *ahem ahem* :mad:

i like the idea of reduceing the size of the universe... couse like, since i got booted from fed space, all iv seen is one nubby in sector 210 who never moved... and that was it... sure it means im safe but id like to see somebody to drop kick once in a while...