Recommend some movies to me

There is a Highlander 4 ........... Connor dies! I honestly didnt see the point in that.......something about his power joining with some other guy from the series to beat a bad guy. Its silly plot lines like that which keeps my money in my wallet.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the first Highlander, the entire idea for the story went belly up. Second was a sequel to a story that never actually happened. At least from what I saw in the first movie. An alien planet? huh? They were born here on Earth from native peoples. They didn't come here from another planet. The third was okay. It tried to follow the first movie more than it followed the second. The fourth was to much a mixture of tv and movie storylines. The tv storyline already went in a different direction than the movie. Joining them in a movie just really made my head hurt. Of course, I was busy flirting with a girlfriend during the viewing of the fourth so I won't judge it to harshly. .

I didn't judge her to harshly either when it proved improbable that we would hook up. Man, she was cute.

• 2 weeks later...

How is Gattaca in any way, shape or form scary? The idea of a genetic underclass might be troubling but it hardly warrants "scary". Unless, you're scared of your own shadow.

I agree with Highlander - possibly the most abortive film franchise in history. The first one is great, the swordplay in it is so good that it's watched by fencing clubs (at least, a friend told me). The 2nd one was stupid and related to the first one in no real way... and then the third one... let's just stop talking about it. I prefer to just think of the original.

Equilibrium is a great film.

Thirded. It' not what I would call one of the most perfect films, but damn is it awesome...

As far as my own contribution goes... it would be hard to recommend anything that hasn't been covered.

But Red Planet is pretty good.

Though if you are expecting it to be based on the book by the same name, you'll be dissapointed.

How is Gattaca in any way' date=' shape or form scary? [/quote']

Scifi is supposed to be far fetched, this is not. It will probably all be true within a few decades and yes, that thought scares the hell out of me :rolleyes:

This is a bit off topic but I vaguely remember a short story about a man slowly turning into metal. anyone got a clue what it was?

I've googled like crazy but no joy

I suspect it was a "Golden Age" story

• 3 weeks later...