Could we change the world?

Tenebrae

You know, as a nihilistic sci-fi loving mysanthrope (really?) I'm sick of seeing how billy super fundamentalist is going to influence the world. Now, contrary to popular belief... I'm quite tolerant...

Anyway... I mean, should we change the world or just all go buy an island? A one with good elevation (global warming). I'm down with that.

Guest c4evap

Truthfully...I don't see much use in trying to change the world. Especially since it's going to end in 2012 anyway! :p

Anyway, there's much too much to be done. Maybe if we start small. Let's say...we ban the little tykes banging on doors pedaling stale cookies or those religious fanatics banging on doors selling hoo-ha or corporate type entities trying to copyright everything under the sun!

c4 :thinking:

If I had the dough, I'd allready have bought me an island, big enough to house everybody with similar feelings towards current authorities/corporations/... as myself.

EDIT: meaning, I have little hope things will get better, they will probably only get worse, and rightly so, it is our own fault for not standing up more for ourselves. To bad for people who see things clearly, the majority does not and by the time they do, it will be to late... A well, all is not yet lost, little hope is still more than no hope.

Perhaps the only religious service I ever listened to...

A preacher starts out to change the world... and after several years, he gives up, realising it's too much.

And so goes on to try to change his country... and after several years, he gives up, realising, it's too much.

And so goes on to try to change his own family... and by this time he's very old...

And so on his death bed, he says

No... I realise, we should try and change the world. Our own country though. That's a good goal. Sci-fi fans... as I said, elevation is a consideration. We want to be at least 100m above current sea-level to be safe. Then we can build a Star Trek paradise. So long as we allow eugenics/genetic engineering. I'll be damned if I have anything to do with another society that condones dysgenics.

Oh, you know my politics. Let's start a country under my diabolical rule. Couldn't be worse than it is now.

Guest c4evap
Oh' date=' you know my politics. Let's start a country under my diabolical rule. Couldn't be worse than it is now.[/quote']

Well...I wouldn't wanna bet any money on it! Give it up...give it up I say...don't make this forum come down on you as a collective and destroy you!!!

c4 :p

Oh' date=' you know my politics. Let's start a country under my diabolical rule. Couldn't be worse than it is now.[/quote']

Well...I wouldn't wanna bet any money on it! Give it up...give it up I say...don't make this forum come down on you as a collective and destroy you!!!

It could try but it would find that IT WAS DESTROYED.

Besides, we've managed to avoid TWO justice days... and 1984.

Guest c4evap
Especially since it's going to end in 2012 anyway! :p

Autumn 2011, according to the looney I've been "debating" with. :rolleyes:

Then, of course, theres the whole 06/06/06 thing ;)

The 06/06/06 thing has more to do with the devil I think. In 2012 the world will end when a blue turbined middle east ruler sends us a fatboy!

• 4 weeks later...
In 2012 the world will end when a blue turbined middle east ruler sends us a fatboy!

So really, what we should really be worried about is not WMDs but rather.. TURBANS! If we can destroy every Turban in the world, and convince Sikhs to find some other less suspicious headress for their religion, Sombreros for example might make for a refreshing change, then we could BRING ABOUT WORLD PEACE!

Man - I should be running the world - with ideas like this there'd be no turning back!

sombrero.jpg

Sombreros - the future of world peace?

You know, as a nihilistic sci-fi loving mysanthrope (really?) I'm sick of seeing how billy super fundamentalist is going to influence the world. Now, contrary to popular belief... I'm quite tolerant...

Anyway... I mean, should we change the world or just all go buy an island? A one with good elevation (global warming). I'm down with that.

I pretty much agree there. But as I have been told time and again; if you want to change anything, you have to do it from "within the system". I think that's a load of bull $#!+.

sombrero.jpg

Sombreros - the future of world peace?

there is one problem with the sombraro tho it appears to cause ppl to sleep wherever they aresombrero.jpg

i would suggest that the world symbol of peace should in fact be the Chefs hat because food is associated with love

chef-big.jpg

but chicken choking could be a problem lol

I think the tendancy Tenebrae was mentioning is best summed up by Ford Prefect...

'And that's the deciding factor. We can't win against obsession. They care, we don't. They win.'

I guess the trick to winning is to actually care and go out and vote...36% of the population is a large chunk of people... and those are people that are just letting those that WANT their issues dealt with in government take priority, and last I checked, those with heavy religious tendancies tend to also want to push for a 'righteous' country with a lot of vigor.

64% turnout is terrible... something has to be done about that so voting in the US is more representative of ALL the people, not just the loudest.

(Yes, this is pointed at the US, but it also applies to any country with low voter turnout, including Canada.)

*gets off of his soapbox*