News: Blacknova Traders

NiteShdw

I managed to steal 27 trillion from a weakly defended dominion planet and have been living off the interest ever since! Or your can watch my money accumulate interest by scanning the planeteers homeworld in sector 1432!

I have been doing that often today, maybe you should drop by and see the good work the dominion have been doing in this sector like janQ did twice :) too bad you guys are short of credits ;) i'll lend you the bus fare. hehe

I'm glad to see you spent your time building up such a huge defence in that sector and managed to forget about planet consolidation of credits! Booya!

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i must say i have to respect the luck of the planeteers. As i see it the only way thru our blockade was a ship with a very high cloak guess you guys had more credits stored elsewhere than we believed. Stalemate?

No I did not use a cloak. As I mentioned earlier, you forgot that the IGB allows a player to consolidate all the credits of a player's planets onto a single planet. I simply "consolidated" my credits else where. Unfortunately it did cost me 1 trillion to consolidate. That has got to be the ultimate bank fee! Hence the reason why I decided to recipricate your action in sector 186. Though it looks like Lienox decided to blow his ship up instead of consolidating. Which in the end probably cost him about the same, destroying a level 30 ship.

If anyone has the skills and patience to write in an action loop similar to a trade route, but for sub orbital bombardment it would be highly appreciated and useful. I know the Dominion probably could have captured my planet in sector 1432, and hence winning the game if that feature existed.

damn gotta hate them bank fees huh, i must say the bank has been the downfall of many a good player.

yeah i was thinking myself during those hundreds of runs how it would be good if it could ba automated. i will look into the code and see how reasonable it would be to add an autoSOFA function and let you all know.

on another note i for one would like to see some peace in the universe instead of this dasterdly war that could rage forever.

How about the game resetting? i think maybe now would be a good time to do this, oh for new worlds to conquer new alliences to be built and new strategies to be played :) i've loved this round but i feel no progress can be made now and a fresh start would be good!

A RESET is planned for August 1, 2006. In the next two weeks, you are welcome to make suggestions to any game settings that should be changed (In the game, click on Settings on the menu on the left to see the game settings).

Cool :) perhaps for this run the Xenobes could be enabled and the bank disabled, i'm sure that no parties would leave themselves open for siege strategy the next time round huh and i know several players forced out of the game because the bank charges forced them out. I suppose tho they wont use the bank.

Cool :) perhaps for this run the Xenobes could be enabled and the bank disabled' date=' i'm sure that no parties would leave themselves open for siege strategy the next time round huh and i know several players forced out of the game because the bank charges forced them out. I suppose tho they wont use the bank.[/quote']

I rarely used the bank. I made large transfers by dropping the cash on a corporate planet and telling the other player to pick it up. If you take a loan, then that's your responsibility, not mine.

Secondly, the Xenobes in this version of BNT are Experimental, so I have no idea how that would affect the game play.

I vote for the bank to remain in opperation. I know you are all probably bitter about me being able to transfer funds from my rich planet through the bank, but there are many times previous to that a bank transfer to consolidate cash saved me turns. All I can say for those that lost due to loans is to think it through... You don't max out your credit card simply because you can. I'd like to see sub orbital fighter attacks activated earlier in the game or from the start of the game. It would be more interesting having to decide on a strategy with that feature more prevalent early on. Any progress on making an Automated Sub Orbital Fighter Attack? Having that I think would prevent the game from ending in a stalemate later in the game.

Paying back a loan isn't that difficult if you aren't shot several times a day and have to rebuild your ship. Then things go downhill quickly.

Loners experience the most trouble with bank loans, I think. In an alliance, bank loans usually aren't even necessary.

yeah, speaking as a player with 600ish planets, I would really like to see the IGB stay as well, souly for the consolidation option. However, with the bank disabled, it would force players like me and atris to develop other tactics to protect our dynasties, and stock pile our credits.

Sub-orbital attacks are great, and I'd also like to see them around again, earlier if possible. Again, if everyone had the SOFA fron the get-go, then it'd be a totally different game, seeing as by now all the major players know how to properly use the option. It'll make it easier for a faction to take out a planet, no matter how well defended.

Xenobes, I don;t really care either way to be honest. If they make the game more fun, then yeah, if not then no. Since I have no idea exactelly what xenobes are, besides AI players, then all I can really say is lets try them out for a test, and let the people decide if the're worth keeping around.

yeah i agree about Xenobes presume they can be turned off if it dont work out.

I looked thru the code the automated SOFA script would be tricky to implement tho not impossibe.

One good thing about Xenobes is they can become bounty hunters for the feds.

might just give a little unpredictability to the game.

As for banking i agree it should be left in place too but it not being there would call for diff strategies for sure.

Cant wait to get goin from scratch tho however it is set up huh.

Is there any way that someone could do some graphical changes to the game? It would be nice to have betting looking ships than the ones that are in the game, mabe a new starfield in the background and have more ship sizes than what is available. I think it would be good to be able to see how big a person is if they go higher than teck level 23-25 where the current ship changes end. maybe even show them with planets as well.

Theres something really strange going on with my score. It was at 11 million 3 days ago, and it's steadily going DOWN (at around 8 million now). I have 10 out of 600ish planets corporate, so I know that my team mates couldn't possibly be leeching my funds, and I havn't had a single planet attacked for a long long time, and from what I can tell my credits just keep going up. What the hell?

ive noticed upgrading can decrease the score once you reach a certain point, dunno if youve upgraded dude? maybe youre empire being so large is being neglected lol. I have to admit i havent looked into the code for the scoring system.

Ship icons can easily be changed duggie, new sizes would require minor alterations to the code but it wouldnt be to tricky.

Theres something really strange going on with my score. It was at 11 million 3 days ago' date=' and it's steadily going DOWN (at around 8 million now). I have 10 out of 600ish planets corporate, so I know that my team mates couldn't possibly be leeching my funds, and I havn't had a single planet attacked for a long long time, and from what I can tell my credits just keep going up. What the hell?[/quote']

That happened to me. I had planets set to only produce money, and one day after logging in, most of my planets had been pillaged. Of course, by this time I don't really care since I haven't been playing lately.