News: Blacknova Traders

NiteShdw

is there any chance that we can have the Maximum number of links per sector increased to something like 10? i tried to add a link in a sector today but i had to remove 5 links before i could add the one i wanted which cost me 6 links :(

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This game is tough, it looked like red mist was gonna have the game finished within a week at one point but the oppositions have fought back and last nite was a huge one with many battles and casualties. of course all the other alliances will have to learn to bow down before their kings before the game is out.

Its a shame the other alliances dont get the Red Mist News, Very entertaining stuff to keep our allies entertained.

kinda missin havin nite, S0V and co there, but Red Mist are doing a great Job in Bein the meanest MoFo's in the universe

Tyochs Ghost

Yeah, I wanted to get in on the game and show all you pretenders who the true mack-daddy is, as always. But I just got out of jail, and have a load of r/l shit to tend to before I can even go near a comp again.

So whoever the current princes of the universe are now, may continue to pwn, untill I come back and take my throne back.

4 of owned planets, scanned them,

Beam weapons level 22

Torpedo launchers 22

Shields 22

oh well

bad luck there Megalith, oh and sorry again for leaving the allience

(IMO the allience should disband which would mean our so called red mist killer would have no red mist to kill)

true lol we took pold out at the start after he cheated his way into first place by doing the same thing:-

ya see player a died, player b died player c died etc and suddenly he's number one.

we really need to do something about bein able to do that.

I've thought about it a lot in this game since pold doing this first time round. along with Amnot Borg and mupi, and we do have a few suggestions to deal with it :-

a registration cutoff date - no new players after the first week or so

In-game admin. a huge ship that admin can use who dont play the game in order to deal with these players

Invitation only passworded game. no players can start without getting permission

IP blocking (IP's can change tho)

no multiple IP's an IP is locked to one user- if the IP changes it locks to the holder

admin controlled game rollback. The cheat can be dealt with and the game returned to the state before it started.

Some form of players counsel (admin observed) so that potential cheats can be dealt with quicker.

We have had other ideas most would be hard to implement but most of the ones mentioned could be done easily. of course there are other more drastic options like scrapping the game completely but it would be a shame if BNT left NiteSciFi imho.

since the cheating restarted the game dynamics have been ruined. i for one had defended my planets to the point where no other player could take them and then suddenly im a target for a cheat :(

well ive resigned from the BNT game i hope other players do the same the cheat has ruined the game completely and in a way i hope he gets a lot of satisfaction out of playing with himself over the next few days maybe he will go blind lol.

BNT was good while it lasted but as no measures have been taken to prevent the cheat playing i had no alternative but to self destruct perhaps when this idiot leaves from boredom i might return here to play.

What gets me the most is that i messaged the cheat telling him he has ruined the game with his cheating and he claimed he didnt cheat. How in a universe with no unknown planets with regular sector patrols does a player get 2 times the highest players score with 2000 turns and everybody else has used like 9000? how come at the same time as he started, a multitude of players named a b c d e etc thru to u attacked our same planets and died whilst he increased in score? i aint a fool and i cant stand playing with cheats.

i dont know how he does it. i tried to recreated it with a few addons. sorry mupi needed to attack empty planets to test. you would need a - z to get it to work. but it is too time consuming to even try that. each new players need all the money from the previous ones to get big enought to even begin this. i think it would take 2 big players working together to pull this off. just my guess. unless there is some invisible planet somewhere with a code to unlock. just who has the time to play 20 players anyway? one thing i think should change is for nite to have to sent out the password because it is too easy to not have an email account and still get on with a lot of accounts. if nite needs help i have some experience with running a gaming group. not a lot. A RESET WILL BE NICE RIGHT NOW!!!!! Then owned/pold wouldnt have any fun.

I killed my ship also....

After 12 hours recharging and getting ready for a new upgrade, I come back in to find the cheat has taken all but 3 of my colonized planets. NO way in Hell or Hades he could do that without cheating. Every single planet had over 2 million fighters and 4-6 million energy.

I sent a pissed off note about how a single player in a single ship could not do that in 2000 turns unless he was majorly cheating....

lol the game hasnt let me die i can kill myself without an escape pod an still be alive lol well i messaged all the players still in the game telling them all the major players resigned over the cheat and that they would be wise to do the same, i completely disbanded red mist evicting all players including myself and i hope that the one or 2 remaining players self destruct too. the cheat can still have multiple email accounts set up as i see it the registration code needs to be altered to allow for only one IP for like 12 hrs or something

as for how its done if you have 22 players each with 5000 turns and the game limit for players in from the start is about 8000 it aint too hard to figure that you can do a lot with 110000 turns, 5000 turns can be burned easily in 15 minutes with trade routes.

I decided to come back and play this game after a 3 month leave to just find out that someone has 500,000 points and the next closest one was only over 100,000. Someone is cheating and I don't like it.

Nite, lets reset this game and set up a new one with some of the changes mentioned. If that isn't possible right away then shut the game down for a time as you have these holes fixed, because the game is no fun when you have a SUPER POWER that big compared to everyone else.

Please have some patience.

Nite has recently been in the process of moving himself and his family to a new location.

SO, our problems with the cheating in Blacknova Traders will have to wait. ;)

I'm sure, he'll think of something even if he has to temporarily take the game offline.

News from S0V13T implies he will NOT be able to set up a new game on his own site, right now. :(

We will just have to wait! Meanwhile, ENJOY THE FORUMS!

i joined an AA traders game and imo its not as good as bnt ok the pages look better but that is the only plus point, i wasted like 1,000 turns doing what i thought were warp jumps between sectors lol its complicated and the number of ports you need to know about to just make a few dollars trading is vast and easy to lose track of... but thats just my opinion.