News: Blacknova Traders

NiteShdw

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we are trying to resolve the adodb issue that is causing the game to drop. the database is safe and the game will be unaffected by any testing going on but the odd server error may appear. bear with it tho as if this issue is fixed then it wont be an issue for the future.

from researching this it appears that our servers configuration isn't 100% compatible with ADODB but there are fixes suggested in these posts. with any luck this should be fixed tonite ;)

game msg system isn't working :( this seems to have gotten worse recently and ive had a few problems with the cronjob. not sure whats causing this but it isn't the software. Is the msg system here working ok?

touchwood the adodb issue seems to be ok.

the crons are now working ok (36hrs without any drop) the ingame messages aren't (its intermittant, some go ok some don't the only msg's i've recieved have been 'is this thing ('msg's)working?'), why i asked about msg system here is i mailed nite and haven't had a reply maybe its related. I'd tried nites suggestion but it wouldn't work cuz the php isn't cgi here (its apache 2)

The game still hasnt dropped so i think disabling asp support has fixed it, will not hold my breath on it tho as its worked a few weeks an dropped before now.

DeadZone Academy

Due to myself and Reco gaining such an upper hand in this game we have agreed to share our wealth both financially and in terms of our skills to all players wishing to learn how to play DeadZone. Full training will be given in the following areas:-

• Starting up - how to get a good start in the game (for the absolute beginner)
  • Attack - attacking planets with and without SOFA
  • Defence - Defending planets from Various attacks
  • Hunting - tracking down players
  • Xenobes - Dealing with Xenobes when to attack and when to defend

It is hoped existing players and new players who would like to join the game will take this opportunity to become acquainted with the finer points of game play in this game.

The best recruits will receive huge financial rewards and the prestige of topping the rankings.

Any players wishing to participate Msg me either thru here or even better via yahoo stating DeadZone Training in youre add contact request(chraigs@yahoo.co.uk) The ingame msg system is not working perfectly atm so most chat in the game happens in yahoo.

Reco and I hope that the advice given freely and possibly to the detriment of our dominance in future games will benefit all involved in the DeadZone community. Training is for a limited time only and once completed the game will be reset.

DeadZone dropped again yesterday and needed the usual replacement via ftp of the backend directory to allow the game to resume. Still have no idea why this happens but i can tell you all it is not a deadzone issue and any programs ran from this host that need adodb as a backend will fail in the same way the list of applications includes but is not limited to the following applications:-

CMSMS

phpLens

BNT

Artekopia Netjuke

gallery

Quantum Star SE

Kabal Invasion

Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases

PHP Lib Login

phpGACL

Enterprise Network Monitoring

SLOP (Server Logging Operations Platform)

PostNuke

DBForm

Portunity

Dark Portal

Wild Web

EasyPublish CMS

INDEXU

Core

Publish Button

MyPHPblog

openPHPNuke

Moodle

Moregroupware

PHlexDB

Vortex Portal

cattaDoc

BugPort

BugIn

NOLA

Weather Plotter

This list is not fully complete I plan to investigate some of these applications forums to see if the same issue has occurred elsewhere and was fixed.

The fix i have to use although simple does require both my access to the server via ftp and access to a copy of the adodb files which means i need to be at home really which can mean upto 15 hours of downtime which is not good for my application or for this servers reputation.

• 2 weeks later...

DeadZone game reset. (9pm GMT sunday 15th July 2007) Congratulations to the star pupil of the Academy Stripper :)

The game has been reset and is now using DeadZone0.20b+ this is the final beta release of the game and the next release is a final version and is due any day now. apparently there is 1 minor bug reported by Amnot Borg other than that the game is a goer :)

this game will last for 2 months and is not an academy like the last one so its gonna get nasty for the little people lol

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...