Get a report button

Arktis

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wanna lose my rank. It took forever to get it. But that would be something you'd have to ask Niteshdw about. He might not have the time or the money' date=' or a good enough reason. He might have his reasons for staying with what we've got now.[/quote']

I'm not sure what money has to do with it - phpBB, at least, is 100% free.

There are more considerations to this than "free", and "popular". There are plenty of acceptable reasons for not wanting to go with something like phpBB. Not being able to climb inside someone else's head, I mentioned all the general reasons I could think of... cost might not be an issue, yes. But then again, it might be.

Yuck. I hate having to clarify myself over silly things like this.

As for ranks' date=' I think phpBB has migration capability for some forums, I'm not sure if it can for this one, but even still depending on the table structure I don't think it would be too difficult to do...[/quote']

This crossed my mind as well. I can safely bet that time IS a major concern, and I don't think nite has enough of it... a board switch would probably mean some very, very basic customization and that's it. If I am correct, it would essentially put everyone back to square-one.

I don't see why we should have to change the forum just for one extra feature.... :stare:

I agree.

It would be possible to modify the existing forum to include that type of feature. The only problem with modifying the software is that everytime there is an upgrade released, it takes time to re-modify the new version. Still, I'll look into it.

Guest c4evap
I don't see why we should have to change the forum just for one extra feature.... :stare:

Ahhhhhhh grasshopper...when you can snatch this pebble from my hand you will be ready to leave this thread... ;)

c4 B)

Ahhhhhhh grasshopper...when you can snatch this pebble from my hand you will be ready to leave this thread... ;)

c4 B)

.....what? :cyclops:

Guest c4evap

c4 B)

Ahhhhhhh grasshopper...you are still here having missed the pebble. sLacKEr :cyclops:

c4 :p

c4 B)

Ahhhhhhh grasshopper...you are still here having missed the pebble. sLacKEr :cyclops:

ok.........anyone else want to tell me what she means??? ;)

Guest c4evap

c4 ;)

Maybe the helmet you're wearing in your avatar is a bit too tight? LOL

I'll have you know the helmet is a nice fit!

can't say the same for the gloves though....hmm....

But yeah - ....what?