"I downloaded the internet...

MrDad

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32770

A US senator who is one the ringleaders against 'net neutrality' provisions in recent US telecom laws has claimed that he had to do so because the Internet was too slow when he downloaded it.

Senator Ted Stevens who is a Republican from Alaska in a committee transcipt printed by Wired, here, complained that the Internet was sent to him by his staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday, but it took days for him to get it.

Guest c4evap
And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

Innertubenet? It's Senators like this one that...oh hell, what's the use? Stupid is as stupid does, right?

c4 :stare:

Yeah... it's a series of tubes. Like plumbing, you just drop your email in, pull the lever, and it gets flushed to it's destination. Right.

Superhighway? Naah... it's one big combined water and sewage system, and your computer is just like a bathroom. ... online streaming media is like the shower, news sites are like the sink, and forums are like anything from a water jet toothbrush to a bidet (depending on the poster).

>_<... aka. some people are idiots.

Sounds like he's been watching Dr. Who...

"OH GNOES - ITS DOWNLOADING TEH INTERWEB!" quoth the Doctor.

Fred Perry's Gold Digger also made the joke... If I hadn't had my tubes tied, I'd have Fred Perry's babies.

Yeah... it's a series of tubes. Like plumbing, you just drop your email in, pull the lever, and it gets flushed to it's destination. Right.

Superhighway? Naah... it's one big combined water and sewage system, and your computer is just like a bathroom. ...

Given the sort of potty-mouth spam and web page ads I see sometimes, this actually makes some sense. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm confused as to whether this guy genuinely believed that he was receiving the entire internet to preview it or, as some articles claim, he simply confused the term 'email' with 'internet.' Wiki article would suggest the latter. But he is 83 so I wouldn't be suprised either way.

?