the most dangerous species...

lt.com. Rheya

The Dominion is not a race' date=' its a government. Are you speaking about te founders? They where not defeated, they surrenderd.[/quote']Much like the Federation it's a collection of species that have formed a union and I was using it as an opponent not an example.

The founders were infected and only surendered because they knew they were going to die (through the Female Changling). Thanks to Odo they surrendered after the Founder recieved the cure as well as the understanding from Odo's experiences. They were beaten and dying and if Odo hadn't returned to them they would be dead. Don't get me started on the Jem Hadar.

I always remember the little conversation that Quark and Garak had about root beer

Q - "It's a human drink called Root Beer"

Garak takes a sip and quickly puts the galss down in disgust

Q - "How's it taste?"

G - "It's vile"

Q - "I know. It's so bubbly and cloy and happy"

G - "Just like the Federation"

Q - "The strange thing is if you drink enough of it, you begin to like it"

G - "It's insidious!"

Q - "Just like the Federation"

Humans are definitely the most dangerous when it gets Ferengi philosophising about life over a simple drink.

oh, yeah, the Krenim I think... But they weren't very good at using it, seemed quite complex too, to use it correctly, one mistake and you could make things so much worse that it be near impossible to correct (or at least would take very much more time). The crew was kind of sick of it in the end I think.

AND I'LL SAY SPOILERS BECAUSE THE BLOODY TAGS WON'T WORK AFTER I TRIED THREE GOD DAMNED TIMES TO TRY AND MAKE THEM WORK.

Make sure that the "Format MbCode?" Checkbox is ticked before you post or edit. ;)

Yes, the Krenim. They were as dangerous to themselves as anyone. They pretty much showed that for all their calculations and projections, they couldn't really do exactly what they wanted. There was always a chance of messing stuff up.

Sure, they could go and erase your entire society from existence but they could equally muck themselves over.

As Dark Seid said - if I could take over the universe using time travel, don't you think I'd have done it by now?

And yes, I know to have the Mbcode on. :|

OH yes i forgot the Krenim :D

Their weapons can get through shields and delete a species from existence in one shot

They don't count. As a race, they're not so dangerous as that. They only ever built one of those ships, and it was wiped clean from the timeline. Basicly, for all intents and purposes, it never existed.

Well - at the end of the episode we saw Anorax working on one of those pads that those temporal calculations on them..... He might build it again - and it shows that they have the ability to build those ships and have a lot of knowlege about temporal science....

Really? I thought at the end of the two-parter it was showing that he was giving up this dream (the planning in front of him on his desk) in order to be with his wife, who was calling to him from offscreen or something. Almost as if he had some residual sub-concious knowledge of the events that took place in the alternate timeline.

Humans. With their smug sense of moral superiorety and the scriptwriters on their side' date=' they are effectively unbeatable.[/quote']

well, what i had in mind when i asked the question was actually who is the most dangerous species for humans...however i tend to agree to you to some extent, that humans are a danger to themselves. sometimes they manage to mess up things by themselves, with little help from the others...

Well' date=' depending how you look at it, I'd say [b']the Q[/b] are potentially the most dangerous, since the most powerfull usually have the most potential for being dangerous.

i'm afraid i don't quite agree. Not even the annoying Q we know, has ever really hurt any of the enterprise crew, though he had the power to do it; instead, he had even helped them several times. ok, he hurt other species, but he was punished for this by those of his kind.

i'd say borg are far more dangerous, not because of their weapons, or their capacity to adapt very quicly, but because their conviction that they are a superior race and that they are doing the right thing. (remember that hitler thought the same)...

Well' date=' depending how you look at it, I'd say [b']the Q[/b] are potentially the most dangerous, since the most powerfull usually have the most potential for being dangerous.

i'm afraid i don't quite agree. Not even the annoying Q we know, has ever really hurt any of the enterprise crew, though he had the power to do it; instead, he had even helped them several times. ok, he hurt other species, but he was punished for this by those of his kind.

i'd say borg are far more dangerous, not because of their weapons, or their capacity to adapt very quicly, but because their conviction that they are a superior race and that they are doing the right thing. (remember that hitler thought the same)...

Well there is a difrence, hitler was but a man.. the borg are well... the borg.

They are very powerful no doubt, but as seen in "best of both worlds pt. 2" the borg can be put to sleep, ppl can hack into the borg and mess with them. I.E. Species 6339. was able to mess up and destroy an entire cube by giving them a virus. And also in TNG, "i,borg", Picard was ready, capable, and willing (at first) to introduce the virus into the brog collective and kill them all. And in there lays the weaknes of the Humans, their compassion.

Humans are way to nice for my taste. It can be a strength at times.. but it is also a weakness and a big one. If it was not for some luck, that borg that picard transported abord in "i, borg" could have attracted more borg and soon a cube would be on their @$$. Also, the Federation is weak in the sense that its military it not prepared (pre dominion war). In the eps "best of both worlds Pt. 1 and 2" you see that the most ships that where able to encounter the borg cube was about 30 ships. If I am not mistaken all of them where destroyed and 11,000 soldiers killed. And in the end of part two you hear commander Shelby say "we will have the fleet back in just under a year"...

Thats sad if it took them 1 year to make only 30 ships. That is why I will still say that the Jem'hedar are the most dangerous. Their weapons are made for war, they are bred to fight and win, their ships where more heeavly armord and armed then the mighty federation. If you dont remember the last eps of season 2 in DS9 showed 2 jem'hedar destroyers (bug ships) take out a galaxy class starship.... they even pull a kamakazi on the federation, now call me crazy but that is pretty dangerous. Not to mention the Jem'hedar can personaly cloke and evade sensor, excel in hand to hand combat, can keep fighting at peak effectivness with out eating, sleeping, or drinking. The Jem'hedar are bred to be dangerous and that is EXACTLY what they are.

"victory is life"