YouTube: Daily Show examines Net Neutrality

NiteShdw

Another example of the Daily Show ripping it's jokes from whatever the current online buzz is about. Seriously, they do this all the time. I don't think John Stewart actually realizes it.

This is informative:

The Daily show, though funny, is not particularly informative unless you're completely out of the loop on current events.

Edit: Here's some more stuff:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NFI3qLNqQqM

This is actually an important topic, so please don't simply watch the Daily Show clip and stop there.

Guest Mrthumps
Is this Jon Stewart guy supposed to be funny? I've kind of got the impression that he might be - but he's yet to do anything that is remotely amusing.

He's one of those "Aquired taste" types. You either get him or you don't.

I don't and like you, don't really find him that funny. In fact, much like Steve Martin, I want to just beat the tar out of him half the time for annoying me.

Steve Martin has done a couple of funny things... and they were 20 years ago... I could just be imagining them, actually.

This Stewart character strikes me as a guy that appeals to people that don't really understand satire but like the idea.

Guest Mrthumps
I thought this topic was about Net Neutrality. Could I be mistaken? Was it just to bring attention to something humorous? If not' date=' why are you guys discussing how John Stewart is or is not funny?[/quote']

That was my bad, I was just trying to explain to Tenebrae the deal about John Stewart after his question.

You forgot puppets.

Yeah, politicians - in addition to being out of touch with the common man - seem to be out of touch with the world in general and technology in particular but then [massive generalisation]I suppsoe they're too busy taking backhanders from their corporate sponsoers to go check out the Internet.[/massive generalisation]

They should have at least 25% of engineers in those chambers' date=' instead of 100% economists/solialists/lawyers/...[/quote']

The problem is its the economists, lawyers, etc who WANT to rule, and the engineers and like people who DON'T. Thus, we (because the same thing applies in Canada, really) are ruled by the exact people who SHOULDN'T be in power.

ETA:

PS to Arktis:

Obviously the Daily Show is going to get its jokes from current events. Its supposed to be a humourus "news" show. Though actual "news" reporting is minimal, since its not really supposed to be "serious".