STAR TREK XI

Antipodean

Guest c4evap

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6407135.stm

There we have it - the confirmation of doom, as if it were needed. Really, I had hoped that it wouldn't come to this. Only Hollywood would assume that the way forwards was a step backwards.

Here's a quote from the article in question:

"Alex and Bob wrote an amazing script that embraces and respects Trek canon but charts its own course." Which to me means they're going to screw up the timeline even further!  :P

B)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can almost see fans teaming up and asking for the new Trek film to be decanonized. Personally, I think this whole reimagination idea is a big mistake. Star Trek is not BSG. Trek has already delivered too much stuff to start from zero again. It'd be much better if the next movie picked up where Nemesis left off. Why mess with TOS?

"Doogie Howser" in space is what you're gonna get........Hope yo got the barf bags ready!

:-\

A bug? No, he was in the group that places bugs in your home, car, clothes.

He was placed in Games Theory or something that meant he was to figure out how the bug brains worked.

He had mild ESP and could suggest things to animals. They made him an officer very quickly.

Guest c4evap

He was placed in Games Theory or something that meant he was to figure out how the bug brains worked.

He had mild ESP and could suggest things to animals. They made him an officer very quickly.

LOL. I was j/k. The actor that played him IS a bug though  :P

B)

OMG, if any of that is true, they'd better make it into a star trek hollywood parody.  :o

He, he! Yeah, Jennifer Garner as a love interest for Spock. I hope that's just a rumour... Not that I wouldn't be glad for Spock, but pleaaase! On the other hand, it would be nice to see a pointed-ear Garner... :P

jennifergarnerbp3.jpg

LOL. I was j/k. The actor that played him IS a bug though  :P

B)

You don't like Neil Patrick Harris? He's on tv again on CBS. Funny little comedy called How I Met Your Mother.

Guest c4evap

I've seen him in a few things but the only one I liked was "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle". He was a riot!

B)

Any Trek is good Trek is my general philosophy. Maybe it'll be an Enterprise movie, showing us Archer and gang back on another ship at the start of the TOS era style uniforms and such.

That's the attitude that helped bring down the franchise in the first place.  Fanboys willing to accept the utter drivel they pushed out after DS9 (and after First Contact for the films).  Secondly, why show us archer when Enterprise was such a god awful series, let alone movie?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Trek needs to die, properly, not to be resurected for at least another 5-10 years.  Hopefully by that time we'll all have forgot how awful it became.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Trek needs to die, properly, not to be resurected for at least another 5-10 years.  Hopefully by that time we'll all have forgot how awful it became.

That's being taken care of, it seems. :(

Guest c4evap

SNIPPET:

Any Trek is good Trek is my general philosophy. Maybe it'll be an Enterprise movie, showing us Archer and gang back on another ship at the start of the TOS era style uniforms and such.

That's the attitude that helped bring down the franchise in the first place.  Fanboys willing to accept the utter drivel they pushed out after DS9 (and after First Contact for the films).

I don't think the "fanboys" (as you called them) influenced anything. Hollywood has been putting out pap all on their own for decades now. It's become SOP. IMHO.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

I coulda sworn I posted in this thread........

Heya C4!

;D

haha, although i can see your reasoning, it was not c4....this time ;) ;D

naa, just been having some database issues. Should be fixed now, although a few posts may have been lost.

Secondly' date=' why show us archer when Enterprise was such a god awful series, let alone movie?[/quote']

But is that not a matter of opinion? I thought Enterprise was a great show. I mean i just thought season 3 was fantastic. Season 1 and 2 may have been poorer, but could you not say the same for DS9?