Stargate SG-1 10x03

TFMF

Pretty good episode. Good to see them making some progress in the fight. Taking out the Ori ship w/ the kawoosh was great. (Though the Ori are gonna be pissed. :p It'll be interesting to see if they show the reaction of the Priors/soldiers on the other ships.)

I wish they would connect the series more tightly, though. Getting McKay involved was nice. (Hell, actually landing at Atlantis was great) I was somewhat disapointed, though not surprised, not to see Tayla or Ronnin, though. (My first thought when Sheppard was asked if he could "spare" McKay was along the lines of, "Oh, sure. Half my team is gone somewhere else anyway. Its not like I'll be needing him to go on a mission or anything...")

Threatening McKay with a lemon == Awsomeness

Any bets on of Morgan is gonna show up somewhere with a memory wipe? Unlikely, I know, but not entirely impossible.

Ye i liked this episode alot also...very nice to see some crossover, interesting to say the least...

as for morgan's last statement before she was "stopped"...i'd think she was about to say something like "the weapon isn't on either of the planets, it is on or it is atlantis itself" or something like that....i uno, just a feeling....what do you guys say?

definately the best episode i have seen - not that the others havn't been great - the crossover is such a good idea and i have been waiting for Jackson to eventually get a chance to go to atlantis!

i hope we see a few more episodes like this

Yes, it was a great episode. The Supergate stuff was amazing. The interaction between SG-1 and the Atlantis team was very nice as well. I hope we get to see more episodes like this in the future. Season 10 of SG-1 is pretty good so far...

Yeah, the crossover was nice. Not a bad episode, Carter and Rodney together again was fun.

And they killed an Ori ship - well, now all they need to do is lure the other three ships to the gate.

Nice idea, but highly improbable. The Super Gate has to remain open to the blackhole. Not really a weapon concept they can use again. :( Although, it would be great if the Ori vanished.

This was the best episode of Stargate:Atlantis since Season 1' date=' and it wasn't even a Stargate: Atlantis episode! [/quote']That was my thoughts exactly. Completely agree.

The best part was Daniel lecturing the Anceint on why they should get involved. They seem perfectly prepared to cheat a little on the rules as long as they maintain their core values but not to intervene directly even when the ultimate outcome is their destruction. I was so with Daniel on this one and I'd said something similar in his place (although more 'colorful').

Although something strange was the fact that 'Merlin' was able to keep all his ascendent knowledge which means it is possible for them to do exactly the same as the Ori if not better by sending one of their own to aid the fight. If Merlin was able to do it without succumbing to the temptation of being wroshipped then why not any other Ancient?

It was also interesting that Merlin was able to do that at all. The other guy who did it (its been a while since I saw the ep, I've forgotten his name) was only able to retain a small bit of the knowledge, and the second time trying to keep it almost killed him. Why was Merlin different in that respect?

It was also interesting that Merlin was able to do that at all. The other guy who did it (its been a while since I saw the ep' date=' I've forgotten his name) was only able to retain a small bit of the knowledge, and the second time trying to keep it almost killed him. Why was Merlin different in that respect?[/quote']

Wasn't his name "Orin"?

Why was Merlin different? Orin was under pressure of time constraints. If he didn't work fast the Ori virus would wipe out Earth's population. Merlin wasn't under such pressure. Presumably, he re-ascended whenever he began to feel his human form begin to fail. From what we've seen so far, the Ascended can retake human form and lose it again at will. Theoretically, he could have worked on the Ori Weapon this way, switching back and forth, for centuries.

as for morgan's last statement before she was "stopped"...i'd think she was about to say something like "the weapon isn't on either of the planets' date=' it is on or it is atlantis itself" or something like that....i uno, just a feeling....what do you guys say?[/quote']

TOO RIGHT! Those were my thoughts exactly.

And hey - whats more credible:

OPTION A: Ascended being moral standards are keeping them from helping out with the whole Ori threat, except in the most round about & half arsed way.

OR

OPTION B: Ascended beings really just don't like the idea of anybody who's not in the club being able to cut short their immortal lives?

I mean, really, think about it... you're an ascended being. You KNOW that other less morally scrupulous ascended beings are out to "enlighten" humanity. You KNOW that the odds of humans beating other semi-divine folk like yourself are pretty slim. You KNOW that afterwards, the Ori are coming for you. Man, of course you'd keep the weapon away from humans just in case. What if the Ori got hold of it? Nah - you'd just keep that weapon handy...