Stargate SG-1 10x04

TFMF

Seriously...

You have to wonder - if the SGC was an ACTUAL hyper-secret etc. etc. why the FRAKKK do they perpetually make the same mistakes AGAIN AND AGAIN. I doubt I was the only person that knew from the start that this was all a ruse by Baal.

Guest Mrthumps

This is the USA military, they're not exactly known for being the best and the brightest :p ;)

But ya, It was pretty clear what was going to happen and I have to wonder if the makers were just trying to find some way to work Baal back into the general storyline since as it was Baal wasn't a huge part of it.

Yeah, it was faily obvious that last time - he wasn't really dead and gone... and I think that it's ALSO fair to say - none of the Baals seen were the original.

Seriously though, when are SGC going to stop being morons? HOW MANY TIMES have they been fooled, taken in etc etc.

Last weeks episode vs this weeks...

Not even close, but it had a lot of "comedy".

State of the art security (=level of childproof bottlecaps) and all the Baals/Balls jokes made me grin (out of pain) a couple of times.

(This episode made me feel old and obselete)

Very nice episode! I liked the way Baal returned to SG-1. He was kind of lost last season, but now he and his clones are also looking for Merlin's weapon... I also believe none of the Baals from this episode were the original. Since the whole thing was planed from the start, the real Baal wouldn't expose himself. Let the clones do the hard work and retrieve the list of planets from SGC. For a second, I thought the guy from NID was the real Baal, but I was wrong.

BTW, the F-16 downing the Al'kesh was really cool! B)

Yeah... tha's not something they EVER do anymore is it? Originally, they used to piss their pants because the symbiotes could leap out and so on. Now - well, they just seem to have forgotten that.

Also - why didn't Baal talk in the Goauld voice? Has he got a sore throat?

The NID loser was laughable... as much as SGC security.

For a second' date=' I thought the guy from NID was the real Baal, but I was wrong.[/quote']

I was thinking the same thing. Or, at the very least, another Goa`uld.

I agree with maybrick, now that he mentioned it. It would make sense for the real Baal to take a new host. Since they don't have to talk in the wieird voice, its obviously the best way to hide out.

Yeah, he did five seconds of Goa'uld and flashed his eyes - pretty boring. I imagine they got tired of doing the audio effects.

But seriously, even if Baal got a gun what kind of mentally incompetent system is going to let him run around and free ALL his buds? What a joke... and why did they even believe him? HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THE GOA'ULD EVER TOLD THE TRUTH?!

Plus - never trust clones.

Not even close, but it had a lot of "comedy".

State of the art security (=level of childproof bottlecaps) and all the Baals/Balls jokes made me grin (out of pain) a couple of times.

A convenient plot device, SGC security is.

They missed one for lack of a Britch representative - (after the Baals teleport) "Oh Baal-ocks".

They must've used every Baal/ball joke in the book.

This episode is like roadkill - disgusting and sad yet you can't help poking it with a stick a dozen times over. I liked the humour break from the serious-ness of the other episodes but Baal has become the Apophis of the later seasons of SG-1.

And they just stood there like lemons as he ported away. Here's a thought - you see that semi-automatic you have in your hand? Why not see how many bullets you can fire in the fifteen seconds Baal took to disappear?

I still liked it better than the viral outbreak episode.