Martha Jones

Antilles

Calm down dude, I never said he couldn't change his mind. You forget I'm first and foremost a Trek fan, I know how the writers can go back and change or totally rework things, a the tip of a hat (Klingons, nuff said).

I simply said that, for now, for the moment, RTD has said in canon, Jack is Face of Boe. Whether or not that changes down the line, who knows. It might, it might not. But for now between the scene in "Last of the Timelords" and RTD's commentary, I choose to believe Jack is the Face of Boe. If at such a time that changes, that's cool too, I follow canon where canon goes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down dude, I never said he couldn't change his mind.

That's certainly what you implied. I originally said that it can easily reversed by a simple line of dialogue, and then you basically reiterated with "No, it's canon because RTD says so". Personally, I think it takes more than the opinion of a single person, even the executive producer, to make something "canon", but that's just me. At the moment, based upon what we know in the show (not what we've been told via interviews and commentaries) is that Captain Jack's comment has been left wide open to interpretation. We actually don't know if he's The Face of Boe or not. It has been merely posed to us as a possibility, not as a hard fact.

If that isn't what you meant and I misunderstood you, then I'm sorry. However, just because I disputed your claim about "canon" that doesn't mean I wasn't being calm, it's just that it did come across to me as being a little naive. Sorry, but I couldn't think of a better word to describe it.

Personally, I'd love to see how they explain his swelled head and loss of... well, everything that's NOT head, given he's supposed to remain unchanging thanks to Rose's meddling. ^^"

Yeah, perhaps a episode set in the future with Jack in a sort of "inbetween" state. That would be interesting.

You're arguing over Face of Boe in a Martha Jones thread.  >:D lol.

IN the last timelord, he says he can't die but he does age. If he's aging, then he is changing albeit slowly in tiny ways as his DNA mutates from the original pattern. Several million years later, he is not the JACK we know any more. Seems Face of Boe might be one of the paths humanity takes through the years.

Or he could absorb whatever is keeping Capt. Jack from dying.  Thereby curing Jack and granting himself continued existance.

Then Jack would never age and never become The Face of Boe. Thus Boe would never encounter the Doctor etc he'd be screwing with his own timeline.

Nothing like using new information to torpedo a seven month old theory that was just tongue in cheek speculation then. ;)

Or he could absorb whatever is keeping Capt. Jack from dying.  Thereby curing Jack and granting himself continued existance.

Then Jack would never age and never become The Face of Boe. Thus Boe would never encounter the Doctor etc he'd be screwing with his own timeline.

Nothing like using new information to torpedo a seven month old theory that was just tongue in cheek speculation then. ;)

True. But I think it makes sense, and is probably the best theory. Plus you gotta admit if it's true and stays canon, it's a nice end for Capn Jack, dying for good, helping the Doctor a few more times before he does ;) Poetic really.