TERROR ALERT: CRITICAL

Tenebrae

Guest Mrthumps

North american airlines are banning all liquids from planes because of this.

The American TV stations are going into overdrive on this one. Watch some political guru/hack try and blame movie downloaders for this...

It takes the attention off the bad press Blair's getting for unswervingly agreeing with the US/Israeli stance on Lebanon and gets people all scared and complicit.

Although I wouln't claim to be one of those nutjobs who would say that the entire thing is fabricated to this end, there is definitely incentive to exagerrate the story.

ummm.... in the news they said ppl can have a fake bottom on a bottle drink to store liquid explosives....

enabling them to still drink the drink...

yet they allow mothers to bring babies bottles as hand lauggage, but they have to drink

from the bottle to show it dosen't contain any liquid explosives......

anyone confused?????

why don't the airlines provide baby milk.. if there is such a threat???

i think this is the gov messing with our heads....

just imagine the unpleasent feeling of having to drink from your

babies bottle to prove you inocence (<--???? spelling,,, i'm slow lol)

our how a husband would feel having to watch????

its all a scam to terrorise the public into fear!!!!!!,,, well it wont work on me!! :p

Mr.Dad: ROTFL! Where did you find that?

bones2097: Interesting point. However, maybe the policy specifies a few conditions we're not aware of? It's easy to draw conclusions like that when you're cynical and don't have all the facts.

Also, I am almost certain you can find a way to make milk explode. You can blow up almost anything.

Everyone: fear sucks. You know what I would like to see? Radical Fundamentalist Atheists willing to give their lives for good faith. Now that would be something!

... not according to the US constitution' date=' which limits all candidates to two terms. ^^[/quote']

Details, details.

A testiment to the cynical attitude we've all picked up in the past several years.

I would suggest that the way around this little problem is either a supplementation with another canidate with near identical interests and affiliations - doubtless with different media personality - or an emergency so large that the transition to another president becomes unfeasable. The latter is of course normally relegated to paranoid conspiracies. Maybe our world culture's predominantly portrayed view of people who would espouse such ideas is unwarranted, maybe it is not. Time will say.

I prefer to remain actively optimistic.

That reminds me... wasn't the government discussing postponement of the last US presidential election due to the threat of terrorist activity? I'm very sure I heard news reports to that effect at the time. Maybe they already tried something like that, and failed.