Stargate Atlantis 3x05

Tenebrae

I don't know if it was predictable. When I first heard about the Asurans I thought they were going to be more along the lines of pre-Ascended Ori. Replicators with Ancient technology is a pretty scary thought. They had better start importing the O'Neill Replicator weapon from Earth pronto!

does this mean the replicators in earth's galaxy were created by pre-accended ancients ater they came back from atlantis?

overall the episode was good, sad to see such a magnificant city get destroyed though... and it would have been nice had mckay been able to get one of the zpms

Well, they weren't REALLY replicators but I knew that the city was getting blown up and knew that they'd betray the trust of the guys and that they'd get no ZPMs. I'm not saying in the first seconds of the show I knew what was going on... but there was obviously a... "catch" to finding a bunch of people living like Ancients.

Same world, different planet. The excitement would be like hearing someone won the lotto and expecting them to have won the jackpot only they tell you they won the lowest prize and you're like 'oh, right'.

Ancient Replicators - I wasn't expecting that. Not predictable but undeniably cliche. This is supposed to be a spin-off of SG-1 not a carbon copy.

Wier wasn't very diplomatic when dealing with Oberon 1-to-1. If they were both guys I could imgine it being a 'my gun's bigger than your gun' contest.

And yet another emotional one amongst the 'savages' - why can't theyhave a happy ending for once? It's always the nice guys that kick the bucket first.

I imagined that they were intending to wipe out the galaxy of ALL life to completely destroy the wraith, something extremist which is why they 'separated'.

I'm beginning to see a parallel with Voyager - the episodes seem to be getting into a chop and change method; the last three are interchangable with each other. Doesn't bode well.

Well, as soon as they escaped easily - I figured it was an illusion... and then I guessed Replicators - Ancient Replicators wasn't so easy but after that the episode was really predictable and really the only thing that WASN'T predictable was the Ancient Replicator twist...

Wier pretty much sucked in the episode - she goes in and tries to negotiate with people that want nothing and then goes "OH PLEASE! I'll be your best friend."

And yes - the episodes seem to be back to the stand alone style, which really is a step backward. It seems the entire Stargate property is just descending into intense mediocrity.

Writters must have suffered from a temporary loss of memory when they wrote this "original" episode.

And what's the deal with the ZPMs? Why can't they "find" a few more and lose those in the next episode? It would be awesome to see Atlantis relocate to another planet or a big battle... :)

I think they're concerned about changing the dynamic of the show - if they get a bunch of ZPMs, they essentially risk putting the SG team on an even footing with their enemies and that would remove the hopelessly outmatched desperate search for a last minute solution.

I mean, let's face it - if McKay didn't have to shout and moan about getting some dooda to save the day, Atlantis wouldn't have much going on.

Yes, the episode was sort of predictable, but I liked it. Finally, the writers are explaining the true origin of the Replicators. Indeed, when you come to think of it, only the Ancients could've created something so advanced and complex. It's also good to see the Atlantis team coming across a worthy opponent for a change.

Finally' date=' the writers are explaining the true origin of the Replicators. [/quote']No. Much like the Cybermen of Doctor Who there is true origin and new origin. They came about during the time of the first Doctor and plagued him for seven lifetimes. Then with number ten we get them reborn as the Cyrus Corp 'originals'.

The true origin of the Replicators is from an android built in our galaxy making those blocks which eventually after the Asgard meddling absorbed her tech and started building human-form versions.

These Replicators were built by Ancient hands, human-form from the start-off.

It's also good to see the Atlantis team coming across a worthy opponent for a change.
That is just untrue.

Outnumbered, fully-powered, an entire city to transport across the galaxy and they get blown up by McKay's little overload trick. And why didn't whats'his'name at the end just push his hand into Elizabeth? Strangling her is like beating someone to death with a magazine catridge when it's smarter to load into the gun and pull the trigger.

The Genai at least got inside the base before they were forced out. They were worthy opponents

Well this episode kinda re-wrote Replicator canon...

The girl from SG-1 who was a human-form Replicator/Robot made "toys" (which were Replicators) that went on to destroy her people. She was created by her father who if I recall, put her in stasis before he and the others died.

Now wouldn't this mean the girl's father, was either pre-ascended Ancient, Ori or someone will the knowledge of these people?

That also makes the Ancients potentiall even more hypocritical. Think about it if the Replicators are Ancient made, then they are responsible for all the damage they did to our galaxy AND the Peagus galaxy yet as we know, Ascended Ancients don't bother to lend a hand even when it's directly their fault.

Good episode. Really enjoyed it.

Pay attention - they weren't ACTUAL Replicators. To the episode and the thread, which will show you that they had nothing to do with the Replicators from our galaxy.

These evolved from an Ancient project and are apparently partially organic in nature. This is presumably why they were stoppable by the energy blast.

Although, one question about the Replicators from our galaxy I've never seen answered. They originated in our galaxy but were apparently found isolated on a planet in the Asgard galaxy.

humans seem to be a magnet for bad people, its bloody amazing. so now we have the ori, the wraith, the replicators from our galaxy (i remember the one ship MAY or may not have escaped last time, im gonna go for "may") and now ancient replicators which are just as bright as the ancients ... just replicator style. so ya ...

one other thing ... the replicator ancients - i forget their given name - you'd thing they would have advanced a little more, i mean they have had a couple hundres thousand years to do so after starting over ...

I don't think they've had much more than ten thousand years. They didn't know Atlantis was destroyed... but presumably toward the end of the war. Quite frankly, the Ancients must have been pretty lame if their Wraith killers turned into people. Anyway, as to their level of advancement... I think the implication is that the Ancients were pretty much on the brink of ascendance and that there wasn't really much more for them to do when it came to technology and stuff.

As to humans being evil magnets - actually, more the other way around, I think. Humans just bungle into the bad guys - time after time!

• 1 month later...