Top 10 Things We Hate About Star Trek

Tenebrae

Seems like a logical counterpart to the other thread.

1. Generic spacial anomaly thread.

2. The perfect society WITH A TERRIBLE SECRET.

3. An episode where a character has a deep, life changing experience - and then forgets about it by next week.

4. Episodes which involve multiple layers of illusion/holodeck/hallucination that are only undone at the end.

5. Anything with Lwxanna Troi.

6. Finding out that the awesome juggernaut race has an Achilles heel module which allows instant takedowns.

7. Finding out that the awesome juggernaut race are actually nice guys, they just got off on the wrong foot.

8. That 400 years into the future and the most advanced interface used by the Federation is a touch screen.

9. Every star system seems to average about 30 sentient species - the only differences tend to be spots/stripes/facial protusions.

10. No force in the universe is more powerful than human (read American) morality.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No - what i mean is all those episodes where the go back in time to like 1995, 96 or whatever - it seems like a waste of an episode sometimes - it's about the future. And when i say Enterprise - i mean how they set the show much earlier than the other star trek series

Some time travel eps can be really good though

Yeah, you'd think that the Federation would have the technichal ability to install a couple of surge protectors for the computer consoles accross the ship.

What was pretty cliche in TOS, was that they spent more time traveling through time, or to planets that were exactelly like periods of Earth's past (like Rome, the 30's, the renesonce, etc) then actually brawling with the Klingons, drinking, or getting Kirk laid. You know, the things that made the show worth watching.

Oh hey Tenabre, you forgot to mention "Solving whatever problem in the last 5 miniutes of an episode, by the engineer ratteling off a 2 page monolouge of nonsence." and "Trying to blow up the ship, hoping the bad guys won't call your bluff, then deactivating it once they take off." and of course, the entire concept of synthohol, and the fact that replicators can create seemingly anything, besides gold pressed latinum.

Now, I'm not the worlds biggest trek cultist, but I just can;t believe that knowing how much the ferengi's love money, that there is no ferengi group smart enough to figure out how to rig a replicator up to print their own money, or bribe some federation / vulcan, or whoever to do it? Come on.

Never finishing a drink or meal.

I'm suprised that they don't all die of malnurishment, I mean, they take one sip/bite and they get called away to some emergency.

Don't they have children in Dresden/China in the 24th century? Or if they're all OK then maybe they should be thinking about the children of Bajor, or probably Cardassia by the end of the known timeline.

Guest c4evap

1. All the unnecessary sexual overtones (IE: tight catsuits).

2. Janeway's hairstyles.

3. Picard's stiffness.

4. Wesley Crusher (need I say more?).

5. The Enterprise's final episode (PU!).

6. Nemesis (too damn dark).

7. Star Trek V (sorry Bill...but a director you are not!).

8. Voyager's jump suit uniforms.

9. Enterprise's jump suit uniforms.

10. The writers lack of continuity regarding canon (for the most part).

c4 :o

1. we never see crewmen on dates

2. Janeway's hairstyles i ugly after season 4

3. bad uniforms on the begining on tng and ds9.

4. weslay is so perfeckt.

5. to little timetravle.

6. onley some funny episodes.

7. 7 and 9 never get the borg thing over her eye off.

8. bad space uniforms.

9. the borg dont use ogygen (first contackt film)

10. kirk's ship is crap