Stargate Atlantis 3x06

TFMF

An episode so prosaic and by the numbers, I could take it, paint it and have a pretty picture... which would probably be a great deal more enjoyable than this episode.

Oh, she wakes up AND EVERYTHING HAS BEEN A DREAM! Oh... well, I guess that I dreamed the last 40 episodes... Honestly, I'd like to find the writer of this episode and make him watch EVERY episode like this over and over again.

Atlantis is going to have to really pull itself out this slump if it wants to see season 4.

Oh, man - sci-fi in general has done it like A MILLION times.

Yeah, DS9 did the exact same thing. So did SG-1... and most Star Trek and I'm sure there are others. It's been done in similars that are ALMOST identical repeatedly. As I said - by the numbers. There was no hint of originality here... the only nice thing, was that it linked to the last episode but when the first half of the episode is basically the ol' "fake reality"... and it's SOOOO obvious that it was Sheppard trying to get to her.

If anything, it reminded me of the TNG episode where Beverley gets trapped in the warp bubble.

I feel a sleep watching it. I don't know if I subconsciously "heard" the episode and when I watched it again I knew exactly what was going to happen the entier episode and it was as if I already had seen this episode years ago...

Still it sucked and is not one to rewatch again anytime soon (only as a sedative ;)).

What a dull episode! I almost fell asleep too. In fact' date=' Atlantis did something like this not so long ago: Home. God, this has to be the worst Stargate weekend ever.
Combine it with Conversion and you have another 'character recovery from previous attack ep. Rather formulaic but explains why the Ancient Replicant attacked her with his hands in the last ep.

The big glaring omission is that if the replicators are replicating using Elizabeth's tissue then how is she still alive? Surely they would've consumed enough to interrupt vital fuctions or leave her paralysed. Essentially it seems that she's fine despite being eaten alive from the inside out. And it's good to know that Earth tech costs so much that you aren't willing to burn out a few monitors to ensure you actually get all of the replicators in your colleague (which went beyond the leg wound anyway so why weren't they all destroyed?).

I think what they were going for was that she was infested with nanites when that guy touched her. (i.e. they were not replicating, just ... infesting her to make her feel like she's nuts?) (Edit: Nope... they weren't going for that. I guess she really didn't need those extra brain cells! :cyclops:)

This episode was pointless and cliche'd... filler if I've ever seen it. -_-' Gee, aren't I glad I decided to start watching Stargate anything again.

At least SG-1 10x06 had some hilarious spoofs. ^^

Edit: On second thought, I think they made this episode to try out all the classic horror film effects just for the hell of it (i.e. the face-against-the-curtain, the rising-bedsheet, the Jacob's-Ladder-Jumping-Around-Head, and so on)...

Edit 2: Isn't it ironic that (I think) Richard Dean Anderson shows up more in this Atlantis episode than the SG-1 episode that was billed for his presence? ;)

Didn't DS9 do this exact same thing twice? Seem to remember Sisko having delusions of being a sci fi writer in the 60's on a couple of occasions.

Yep. DS9 did it better, though. They didn't have the usual pattern of waking up remembering everything from his life on the station and trying to convince everyone that IT was real and "THIS" is a dream. When he was there, he WAS THERE. At least until the end, when he started to get flashes back to DS9. (And even then there wasn't a "this isn't real" moment. It was, "I think I'm going crazy". And then he did.)

• 5 weeks later...