War Vote

Commander Data

. Ie the Germans had no idea how to defeat the first tanks in WWI and were lucky to develop countermesures in time mostly because the allies weren't able to fully use their potential.

I thought the Germans where the first to effectively use tanks in WW2?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but that was WWII - not WWI and as I pointed out, it's a specious analogy because tanks were of nominal importance in the WWI.

Hmm, I think Star Trek has abandonded its roots in the search for ratings... and I think that's usually a dangerous road to walk. Plus, you had a stagnation of the talent pool.

I am gonna have to say that the Federation would win. I know I am a die hard Romulan fan, but we gotta face the facts here. The Romulan empire is in no condition to wage war. not after the Dominion War. The Klingons would have a good chacne but they are to divided with glory and honor. The Cardassians do not boast a military force that could beat the Federation. And thus its down to the Dominion and the Federation.

I say that if there was just a plain out war between the two, no cardassian uprising and no worm hole aliens. just brute force... the Dominion would win. But brute force is not the only part to war. The Federation could still win. Section 31 has proven it can kill the founders. It would depend on what the siuation is.

Uh, if you're talking about the effects of the Dominion war - the Klingons were probably after the Cardassians in terms of damage. Sloane says as much in DS9, hence the machinations of Section 31 after the Romulans enter the alliance.

Section 31 were great... and it did seem to effectively neutralise the Founder's awesome infiltration abilities.

Still, I feel if we had eliminated the wormhole aliens the war would have been a lot more fair and in fact, they really shouldn't be included as they're too much of an uber race to be included... their inclusion in the war was weak.

• 2 weeks later...

Umm, are we all forgetting the disease that the founders had?? Call it a "plot trick" if you want, but that idea seems pretty realistic to me... When a superpower discovers a possible threat, they are going to do everything they can to neutralise it... Sure, the dominion was strong, but no founders, no dominion!

But to answer the question, Romulans for the win!!! I'm sure they have secret fleets of ships just waiting for the right moment to attack :P

In what way?

I think that the Founders were the dominion, none of it would have existed without them... The Vorta are just servants, and the Jem'Hadar wouldn't survive without ketracel white. Also I don't think the dominion's goal was to conquer others, but more to defend themselves (yeah, they were a little paranoid :P)

Lets say we didn't have the Ketricel White factor

Lets say the Founders were killed off half way through the war

Well without the founders the Jem Hadar might have used different, more agressive tactics against the Federation - and i think what held the Dominion back overall was.....actually it was probably the prophets so this is a bit pointless lol

Lets say we didn't have the Ketricel White factor

Lets say the Founders were killed off half way through the war

Well without the founders the Jem Hadar might have used different, more agressive tactics against the Federation - and i think what held the Dominion back overall was.....actually it was probably the prophets so this is a bit pointless lol

But if you say that then we could say: Lets say the federation had a superweapon what could kill all the dominion people in one blast :P We cant say Lets say because that didnt happen. Talk about what really happend instead of let saying. its no point in that because that didnt happen.....

(sry for that jonathan :P)