Stargate SG-1 10x09

TFMF

I had to leave early so I didn't see the last 10 minutes, but it seemed to be a good episode. I loved that they killed off the captain of the Odyssey, and in such a brutal fashion! I hated how in the season opener he was the one who survived and not the captain of the Russian ship. Plus, everytime I saw him I couldn't help but think about his role as Drew Barrymore's jerk fiance in The Wedding Singer.

It wasn't bad. Being the captain of these ships seems to be a pretty dangerous occupation... of the 4 original commanders, we've only one surviving.

The obvious flaw... how did Mitchelle get the entire bridge crew thinking he was Natooth or whatever his name is?

The "comedy" in this episode felt very much like an after thought. The lame cargoship was just stupid, except to have the mandatory torture - what is it with the sg teams and torture? They can't go more than 3 episodes without getting captured and/or tortured. The comedy aliens sucked as well.

The obvious flaw... how did Mitchelle get the entire bridge crew thinking he was Natooth or whatever his name is?

He didn't have to. The only person who knew what the guy looked like was the leader. If they valued their lifes, there'd be no way the rest of the crew would ever contradict him.

For a second, I thought they would lose another ship. Turns out they ended up losing another captain... Anyway, it was good to learn more about the Lucian Alliance. Mitchell using that Tok'ra device from season 3 was very clever. Too bad no Tok'ra was included in the story. They're kind of missing lately... Overall, it was a very good episode.

Eh, kinda hit and miss for me.

Teal'c tortured, Oddyssey captain killed, backstabbing alien double-crossed, frist few minutes of the crappy cargo ship ride, kinda good points.

Latter part of the cargo ship, dialogue at the end, Teal'c getting tortured, so-called leader of the Luscian Alliance, the callous attitude of having 'spaced' the bad guy

What really irritated me was some of the dialogue at the end:

'If I'm reading tese sensors correctly it lookslike two Goa'uld motherships" - one look out the window and you can frakking see they are, are you that dependent on so-called superior technology that it's not real until it's confimred by a machine? I mean I use a calculator when I'm not sure if I did the math right but that's only after I've worked it out that I use it to double-check/confirm.

"You should also tell them we've declared war on the Luscian Alliance" - wow, another enemy. Ranks alongside the Genai season 1 for uneccesary enemies and kinda overly-dramatic. 'Oh dear, we've declared war on a bunch of people who we've basically beaten at every turn and have lost more trying to stop us and only now have we realised that amounts to war despite the fact that the Ori will most likely rape every world they have ties to and they won't be around for much loger anyway'.

I mean the Wraith are after Earth, the Ori are here to convert the galaxy, Baal and his clone army is trying to rekindle his dominion, the Jaffa are fractured and now the Luscain Alliance...how many more do they need? (and that's just this season)

This was quite a good episode

Although there were a couple of 'all-too convienient' moments such as when Vala got the hyperdrive working - out of luck it would seem or when that guy (forget his name) that was pointing the gun at Samantha was beamed into space at the last second before he pulled the drigger

But yeah this was a good episode and killing of the captain of the Oddessey was interesting

Although there were a couple of 'all-too convienient' moments...

Reminds me about an action movie I saw a few days ago, but already forgotten it's name and what it was about. ;)

Below average.

Let's kick the writers in the 'arse' to fix their 'creativity'. : thinking:

Might make them 'work' miraculously.