Stargate Atlantis 3x10

TFMF

I liked it. Nothing really "happened", but it was a welcome change of pace, I thought. I went into this episode thinking that the Lantian were going to be Asurans and that the earthlings were going to do the usual stupid thing and hand the city over to the enemy even though it should have occured to them that they might be replicators... but hey, they were actually Lantian! Who would have thought? It will be interesting if a few true Ancients survive and become part of the cast, but somehow I think the writers are going to take the easy way out (they always do) and kill them all off. :(

Looking forward to seeing how they get Atlantis back.

I like the episode. while i was watching it, I thought at first it would be a dream or something, and they would wake up... but its really cool that their intergalatic gate system is working and all. It was great to see jack back in action, would love to see him on SG-1 a bit more though.

as a side note, is the last episode before atlantis and SG-1 go on their mid-season break?

Yup, it's the stupidest thing since the solar powered torch - the midseason break.

I agree, it was kind of a nothing episode... but it was enjoyable because of the buildup - the SG-1 episode had a lot more "meat".

It did feel as though - especially with the Ancient Replicators at the "previously on Atlantis" - it was going to be a trick but when they appeared it was obvious they'd have hacked their base code and it was all their fault.

Despite being a build up episode, it was clearly the best so far. I liked everything about it, especially the intergalactic bridge. What a clever concept!

I agree with maybrick. It'd be nice if some Ancients were kept alive. At least the leader... IMHO, that would change the dynamic of the show for the better.

I just hope the writers clarify next episode how the Ancients powered up Atlantis (at least partially). I suspect they used some ZPM they had aboard their warship, but then again they could've built new ones on Atlantis. It seems the Ancients stayed a good time there before the Asuran attack.

I would also like to know what happened to the Ancient warship. Was it abandoned between the Milky Way and the Pegasus Galaxy or was it eventually retrieved by the Ancients?

Gladly, these questions will be answered soon... Thanks to Canada, we'll be able to see the remaining episodes of season 3 beginning October 23rd.

Eh, could've been better.

It was a little too slow and while the spacegate is a nice idea, how are they gonna keep all those gates powered up?

I am so sick of cliffhangers, especially ones when it's not actually a season finale but they tout it as such to keep you watching. I don't think I will bother seeing how this turns out.

Um, no one noticed the inhereant flaw at the end of the episode?

Ok so Ancient-Replicators "attacked" Atlantis, took over most of the city and might have possibly killed O'Neill and Woolsey.

Shephard and gang round up some weapons to fight Replicators, hijack a Puddle Jumper and make way for Atlantis overriding the Gate shield.

Now in that last scene before it cuts to black, we see a clear moment of the Gate room with either Ancients or Ancient-Replicator's. But the key thing is, the Gate room looks totally undamaged, as if no battle had taken place. Watch the video again of O'Niell's distress call, it looks like the whole place is coming down.

So what gives? If it's the Ancients, who sent the distress call and why? If it's the Ancient-Replicators did they send it? Or did they just happen to take over?

I say something is up. I mean, there are other clues in the episode. First of all Laundry is completely aganist even the idea of a rescue plan by Shephard? Come on, normal Laundry would at least hear him out and pass it on up to his superiors. And what about the entire A.R.G thing? Anyone else take notice that the new Replicator weapons titled "Anti-Replicator Guns" is also an acroynym for "Alternate Reality Game"? Which in the last couple years has also become a term to explain such things as alternate endings, viral marketing, etc? This could play into the fact that Sheppard and the SGC were fooled in some manner and it was a clue to the audience.

Then again, maybe it's just me but something about that ending just felt fishy....

I am so sick of cliffhangers, especially ones when it's not actually a season finale but they tout it as such to keep you watching. I don't think I will bother seeing how this turns out.

Technically they are committing faulty advertising. They advertise the new "season" as it starts in July, then they say it's the "season finale" for the "mid season" break that we all come to love. The kicker is, it could be a season finale, but not only do they pick up the next ten episodes in the winter/spring (which are not advertised as a new season) but when the dvd's come out they contain all twenty episodes of the "season" despite it having two "finales" which would normally indicate two different seasons...

Actually, I just realised something.

LAST time - the Ancient Replicators wanted to destroy Atlantis... how come this time they were happy to capture it?

Maybe they're after revenge this time? The Earthlings defeated them last go around and since they were no longer in Atlantis the only way to find out where they went is to keep the city intact?