Stargate Atlantis 3x17 [Sunday]

Tablet

Well, just finished watching it.

TWO things stop it from being VERY good:

- someone's been watching BSG Season 2 when they wrote this (about half the season was "X HOURS EARLIER" episodes). I know they haven't exactly made it continuous but I'm a little bored with them. There's been 3 in the second half. Just irritates a little

- PARTICLES as any Physics teacher will tell you are just that - Particles. They are not biological and do not have DNA otherwise. as any Biology teacher will tell you, they would be virii, cells or amoebas so they CANNOT BE "GENETICALLY" PROGRAMMED. This really pee'd me off. Blatent techno-babble and obvious the writer just strung several words together to make it sound 'sciencey'. A personal bias but soiled the plot for me.

I don't see why they are so surprised that it creates explosive tumours as that was done way back in SG-1 Season 1 when they first encountered Cassandra after Nerti got her hands on her and placed a Naqueda bomb in Cassie's chest.

In regards to the whole "X hours" thing - not exactly the exclusive preserve of BSG exclusively... I recall Alias glutting on it and yes, it DOES get very irritating. It's essentially saying "we don't think that you'll be able to manage to wait until the end of the episode for some excitement! So we'll patronise you by having a cliffhanger now that won't be resolved until the last five minutes - just to keep you interested).

As to the junk science... well, since when has the technology and stuff ever been more than Stargate brand imitation treknobabble (9 out of 10 geeks don't know the difference)? They just talk rubbish, really. However, I like to imagine what it would be like if actual electricians and engineers talked like that.

"WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO BYPASS THE PRIMARY CIRCUIT AND REVERSE THE POLARITY!"

• 6 months later...