The most complicated, confusing and astounding movie I've ever seen..

Carnifex

Ok folks, I have to admit to liking movies of an unconventional nature and I've found one that is the most perplexing I have ever seen.

I've watched it, couldn't quite get my head around it, read the Wiki plot analysis and watched it again... and although I have a rough idea of the events in the movie I couldn't begin to explain the order of the events or exactly which version of the characters did what.

But MY GOD!!!.. it's a stunning movie.

It deals with time travel... BUT A WORD OF WARNING... it is NOT a simple tale, and because of this didn't appeal to a mass audience. You REALLY need to put your thinking caps on.

It's called PRIMER.... it's available in the usual places... stores I mean. :P

I also suggest reading the Wiki article after you've watched it....here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer_(film)

And then watching it all over again.. YOU WILL NOT GET IT FIRST TIME ROUND!

It's an indie movie and only cost $7000 to make, so don't expect flashy effects.. however at all times it continues to look profesionally done.

I'd just like to issue props to the director/producer/actor Shane Carruth, who has, imho, expanded the possibilities of storytelling.

Give it a try.. it may not be for you, but it just might.

I'm off to watch it again.

sounds intriguing... the wiki in-depth description reminds me of similar but less detailed plots in other movies I've seen. very complex but well thought out plot. these guys took some time to really think about what would happen with such a device and created something I'd like to watch a few times... no puns intended...  ;)

I've mentioned before how this is an example of a shoestring film that looks decent because most of the budget was spent on shooting on decent film stock not dreadful lloking DV tape.

And yes, it was excellent, thought I will admit it didn't make much sense and I have always intended to watch it again.