Eve Online scam

Guest Mrthumps

I managed to read it in its entirety.

I have two things to say:

City of Heroes has far more engaging gameplay since doesn't have this player vs. player as the mainstay of the game. I have several acquaintances that I team with and we mainly have a laugh and act like uber-heroes with conversations going something like "We are uber", "Don't say it out loud", "Watch out for that tough Elite Boss" and "Nevermind". It's fun mainly.

That guy in the first link is an {£%*&$^£}. He calls his friend who loaned him money to begin with "The useless one" by the end, he spent all that time scamming people out of their hard-earned isk that he ends up being the hermit, lonely and trapped with all he needs except friends to play with. I don't feel for him at all. That's the kind of things that put me off any online gaming where PVP is the mainstay of a game and there's huge currency and markets involved cause things like this happen in real life to real people and inevitably in the virtual world too. It's too serious and consequencial. Bet that Frosttt guy kept his mouth shut about the 300 million. The way it was written he obviously thought this guy was joking when he asked "What would you say if I were to offer you 300 million isk?", must've been shocked when it happened.

It sounds ridiculous, but in EVE it's hard to have fun. I'm currently on my second hiatus, and I might be going back soon, but only under very certain circumstances.

During my first time playing (early this year) I was making around 1-2 million ISK after an all-night mining operation with friends. That's nothing in EVE. It took me 5 nights staying up till 3 am to earn enough money to buy and insure a Tier 1 cruiser. During my second time playing (just recently) I was making 10 million ISK every day, if i'd dedicated more time it would've been 20 million a day. At that rate it would take me 10 days to save up for a battleship.

However, I had much more fun in my first time playing than I did in my illustrious second time.

EVE is a game that can easily suck you into making money and feeding it's amazing capitalist market system. You can get so caught up in running level 3 missions constantly so that you can afford your new battleship that will allow you to run level 4 missions constantly so that you can afford a faction battleship that will be able to do the level 4 missions quicker and hence make you more money that you can lose sight of what it is that makes the game fun. To me what made the game fun was being in a 10-man corporation with a few real-life friends and staying up all night talking interesting people in our alliance on Teamspeak while mining in low security and being on PvP alert. Even though at that rate I was never going to get a battleship it didn't matter, because it was fun doing it. I think that the amount of money you make in EVE is inversely proportional to the amount of fun you have, and I think that's kind of what that guy was trying to say. Incidentally the guy who stole the 700 billion eventually left or gave up the money, I can't remember.