It's my new lethal Wiipon

Ulysses

Heres a funny ariticle in the Uk's SUN Newspaper.............

NINTENDO’S new Wii computer game is proving a smash hit  as players WRECK their homes and BASH each other.

Many are getting carried away with the gadget’s revolutionary motion-sensing remote control that lets users mimic golf swings and sword fights.

As they thrash around with their arms, consoles fly from sweaty palms into TV sets and windows. Some accidentally punch loved ones or injure their hands on hard furniture.

A US website is collecting snaps of disasters. One, sent in by a user called Jim, shows his girlfriend Liz’s black eye after a game of “Zeldaâ€ÂÂ.

He wrote: “I’m just lucky Liz is a good sport.â€ÂÂ

Nintendo may strengthen the control straps.

For the pictures click here ... http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006570535,00.html

oh now i get it...........

Wiipon! ::)

Right on the ball today, eh? ;)

and how old are these ppl???

i rem kids used to jump thinking it would help sonic jump... hehehe.....

i think ppl are forgetiing that this is a games console not an aerobic work out! :o

It's actually quite advantageous. They get to work out and play consoles all day long. No wonder parents are rushing to buy them.

If they can't keep a good grip on their controllers, they've got nobody to blame but themselves when things go ... wrong. -_-'  It's not Nintendo's fault people don't know how to hold a friggin' remote! >_<

As for the 'hackers making use of the Wii-mote'... well, it's nice that someone's made a driver for the Wiimote.  From the sounds of things, it was pretty much trivial to do... probably just a standard HID device driver tweaked to acknowledge Wii-specific messages.

If they can't keep a good grip on their controllers, they've got nobody to blame but themselves when things go ... wrong. -_-'  It's not Nintendo's fault people don't know how to hold a friggin' remote! >_<

Actually it is nintendo's fault, theses consoles are aimed at kids as well as adults and if they are that prone to snapping then they should be in breach of health and safety and have there BSI retracted, they should of known that this strap is prone to snapping.

i wonder how fast you'd have to swing your hand in order to let the remote slip your hand, break the strap & still fly in a straight line, to break you windows...

wait just think.....

i smell fish.... lol....

i reckon ppl have been breaking the straps & then throwing them though windows!

lol... i guess theyre trying to make their money back from the Wii...  ::)

Two quick things:

1.)  The straps work fine as they are.  A guy over at Nintendojo decided to do some weight testing and in the end had to resort to using pure muscle to finally break the strap.  Story and pictures here : http://www.nintendojo.com/fullfocus/view_item.php?1166055790

This just goes to show that in the majority of cases, people are simply being retarded.  Thanks, retards.

2.)  Voluntary exchange program article here : http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/12152006/20/nintendo_wii_wrist_strap_there_is_no_recall

As the URL and page title say, there is no recall.  Tetsuo is pretty much right.

^ Thats just as bad as those 2 teenagers sueing mcdonalds because it made them fat,

i do supose though if you play for a long time and your palms get sweaty the remote might be difficult to keep a hold of, from the pis and tv advert there dosent appear to be a rubber grip anywhere, then again i could be mistaken