Forum upgrades largely finished (for now)

A little announcement for our dear members,

For now the forum upgrades have been largely completed, there will not appear any more added functionality in the near future. If you do happen to notice anything that is not as it should be (or not as you expect it should be), please report it to us, so we can look into it and if necessary/possible, try to fix it. Thank you. :)

---

Somewhat further in the future, we still have some upgrades planned, such as:

- integration with a blogging software package

- new skin with a completely different look

- any suggestions from you (=the members)

We hope you enjoy the new possibilities this upgraded forum offers!

Absolutely. have fun with gaming, lads. if theres anything you need from me, let me know.

Just remember that RTS games don't require servers (so don't ask for C&C), and the server is Linux, so any games suggested will require a dedicated linux server app.

• 4 weeks later...

Adding what asian forums and blogs have, a confirmation code that must be entered to register on the forum. Don't know if it should go as far as requiring it to submit posts as well, but it should stop the damn spam bots cold either way.

Or even have new users be submitted to a background or IP check before activating their account and letting them post.

I was reading some Harvard blogs, and they have/had an incessant problem with spam bots. I think what they did is use some code to block web browsers that have odd properties/configurations, like what spambots use. Scroll over the yahoo spider name in the ONLINE USERS list, then one of the legitimate users names who is online to see what I mean.