*SPOILERS* Who do you think is the major character that is killed off

Ulysses

****SPOILERS****

Ok if you have been following the last couple of episodes and read some of the interviews recently you will know that a major character is being killed off....question is after watching eye of jupiter who will this character be?

I personally think its one of three characters.

Baltar - There seems to be more of a conflict between the cylon clones more and more, but if he does end up back on the galactica I wouldnt put it passed anyone slotting him

Starbuck/Apollo - Starbuck has crashed on the planet surface and not know how bad this is.

Apollo - Also in great danger in defending the eye of jupiter, not to mention the tension between him and starbucks husband.

Well , if they stay true to the "old" storyline then it'll be Starbuck.

BUT

I think that's being a little too obvious.

Recently the show's writing has been great and I think they'll not go that way...

Instead I think they'll maybe kill off Chief or D'iana in a scene at the Temple of Five.

(note D'iana is only listed as a "Guest Star")

Could be completely off the mark , but hey , time will tell :)

Guest Mrthumps

I wouldn't be shocked to see D'iana get whacked based on what MM said, Lucy is a guest star so we know she's probably around for a "limited" time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they opted to whack off one of the sharon's or Helo himself.

And what about Dee? Killing her would leave things even stranger and weirder for the Starbuck-Apollo rommance/affair.

Ok if you have been following the last couple of episodes and read some of the interviews recently you will know that a major character is being killed off....question is after watching eye of jupiter who will this character be?

Here's what some more info (from an interview with RDM):

“There’s a pretty big loss coming midway through the second half of the season,†Moore said. “You’ll be pretty shocked about what happens to somebody.â€ÂÂ

That somebody, he hinted, would be a lead character. But wouldn’t the death of a major character alter the nature of the show?

“It would,†Moore replied. “And I’m not really saying that we’re doing that. I’m just saying that there’s a fairly significant loss that will happen†before the third season ends.

Midway through 2nd half of season and fairly significant.

I'm guessing The Chief is getting killed (Viper explodes) and I'll happen in episode 16 "Dirty Hands" (pure guess ;)).

I would imagine that it would be a death to unveil someone who is also a cylon?

I mean to make that big a deal out of killing a major character - and someone whom we would assume plays a vital part, would it also not make sense to be able to bring them back but as a cylon???

Of course BSG is far more unpredictible that good old Trek - but it seems to make sense. (although you could argue that was done in season 2 with Boomer).

Maybe the Grim Reaper will be paying a visit.

Again though that is kind of repeating Season 2 a little - I doubt that it will be either the President or Adama - simply because they have been there and done that, and they have a really good chemistry. I mean why build that up esp with Roslin loosing the presidency and regaining it from Baltar.

It has to be someone a little lower then the Admiral and President but someone who is a regular main character. You can pretty much rule out any of the Cylons, since there are many copies etc, so they will always have work.

I would say that likely candidates would include

- Tigh (because of all the events during the resistance movement)

- Dualla (because she doesn't really do that much - and you have the splitting of her marriage with Apollo

setting the way nicely for Apollo and Starbuck).

- Gaeta (again doesn't really do that much in the show - but slightly more then Dualla)

- Helo (season 1 was him on Caprica, season 2 was him in love with a Cylon in the fleet, Season 3 could see

the loss of him whilst he and Sharon 'Athena' rescues Hera from the basestar?)

Have I mentioned that I'm pissed that we actually had a thread going A MAJOR CHARACTER IS GOING TO DIE?

*SOME* of us, don't want to know that a major character - so, really having something like this is just unacceptable to me... and naturally, I didn't read anything said in this thread. I just thought I would disclose my state of gruntlement... which is very much toward dis.

Have I mentioned that I'm pissed that we actually had a thread going A MAJOR CHARACTER IS GOING TO DIE?

*SOME* of us, don't want to know that a major character - so, really having something like this is just unacceptable to me... and naturally, I didn't read anything said in this thread. I just thought I would disclose my state of gruntlement... which is very much toward dis.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE.  ;D

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Adama, since I remember he and RDM were saying something like his character wasn't going to be around forever on a post-season one BSG cast panel (it's the same panel where Rosalyn's actor looks drunk). 

eh? Sorry did I miss something here... I mean this is a discussion forum is it not?

Should you not want to know then don't read on.

I can't understand why Adama would be the one to die though, since Battlestar is very much about Adama.

its normally polite to actually pm someone about something like this instead of openly critise someone for a honest mistake, all it does its creates bad atmosphere, damn theres things in life that pee me off but i dont openly critise people infront of others, its generally classed as bad management to do so. which is more unacceptable than making a honest mistake!!..ITS ONLY A TV SHOW FOR GOD SAKE!!

I am and will remain unapologetic for pointing out such follies in public - if only in the hope that other people are dissuaded from such and because my issue was not one with your person but merely an item of your conduct.

But, I shan't go on - the damage is already done and obviously, this represents a tangent. I'm sure it was an honest mistake - I'm not hating on you, let's all just learn and move on... probably best to change the topic too.

Hmm.  It's going to be a risky procedure removing that bug from your butt.  It's burrowed in pretty deep.

Perhaps you should try the old-fashioned way.  Someone get this man a bottle of Tequila.  By god, we'll poison that bugger out of there.  ;D

On a side note, people should keep spoilers out of the damn topic title.