Battlestar Galactica 3x12 - Rapture

Hilander72

I guess just watch it and let it all fold out, saying that I would think who ever is a cylon it probably be one of the least expected characters you would think of, I dont actuallt think it is ty, why? he has all this anger and hatered built up towards the cylones, which is surely a human weakness.

It's Freudian. Cylons made themselves after Man's image, and subconsciously a lot of people hate themselves. Love can also be considered a weakness by Cylon standards and as has been shown, at least two of them have experienced that emotion.

Liked it a lot.

Now - for the question at hand - D'anna seeing the "final five" :

First , it was apparent she was drawn to ONE of the five in particular and spoke to them as though she recognised them.

(that in itself I found predictable)

But the thing that got me wondering was what happened when she returned to "the normal world".

She did not recognise Gaius' presence at all when she initially returned - maybe she was just so overwhelmed , but I would have thought she would have continued the whole "I'm sorry" theme while in his (physical) presence - This *suggests* that it was NOT Gaius she saw.

Then after she had downloaded and was talking to Brother Cavil - She said that "One day you will see them too" - suggesting that Brother Cavil had *not* already met (any of) them. Again , if the one she had recognised was Gaius I would have thought she would have said something along the lines of "You've already met them..." or "They are here amongst us..." etc etc.

This also suggests that it wasn't one of the "main players" like Adama or Roslin or even Tigh - because D'anna knows that Brother Cavil knows them well (enough) and again she'd have spoken differently. (I would have thought)

So , I'm currently asking myself : Who does D'anna know well enough to feel she had to apologise to (amongst the humans) that Brother Cavil either doesn't know or has hardly seen ?

The suggestion that it's maybe Starbuck is interesting but don't ring true to me (as yet).

There is also the outside chance that one of "the five" is already a known cylon !

-Kinda an undercover sort of thing going on.....just imagine if SIX was actually one of "the five" - it could explain about the sudden apologising and not revealing the info to Brother Cavil , it maybe even offers an explanation of Six's "mental presence" in Gaius's psyche , BUT this is just one of my crazy idea's I get from time to time so prolly is nowhere near the "truth".

[MM]

Yeah, D'Anna vision was messy. Personally, I think she was only able to see/recognize the "final five" she approached, but it's also possible to infer she saw all of them, and only recognized one. If that's the case though, what would be the purpose of the chosen one (Starbuck, apparently)? :-\

Anyway, I think some of the "final five" at least will be well-known characters. Other names that come to my mind: Zarek, Gaeta, Dr. Cottle... Only time will tell! ;)

Yeah, D'Anna vision was messy. Personally, I think she was only able to see/recognize the "final five" she approached, but it's also possible to infer she saw all of them, and only recognized one. If that's the case though, what would be the purpose of the chosen one (Starbuck, apparently)? :-\

Anyway, I think some of the "final five" at least will be well-known characters. Other names that come to my mind: Zarek, Gaeta, Dr. Cottle... Only time will tell! ;)

TBH it could be anyone as we are all guessing and I think thats how RDM wanted it.

Very nice episode tied up a lot of loose ends from the previous cliffhanger as expected, the eye was obvious and we all got that but didnt expect Starbuck to have been drawing it since she was a child, the 5 was an interesting vision most noteable for the forgive me comment made by lawless. Sadly it looks like number 3 will be off the story for a while to come and just as her role was getting interesting, Caprica and Baltar on galactica will keep this story alive for a few episodes and now hera is on galactica more of that story will be an issue too. 9.5/10 very good episode i cringed with starbuck over that glove melted onto her hand lol and nice to see the old bullets bouncing off tincans stuff lol, why oh why wont they use armour piercing bullets  ::)

Very nice episode tied up a lot of loose ends from the previous cliffhanger as expected, the eye was obvious and we all got that but didnt expect Starbuck to have been drawing it since she was a child, the 5 was an interesting vision most noteable for the forgive me comment made by lawless. Sadly it looks like number 3 will be off the story for a while to come and just as her role was getting interesting, Caprica and Baltar on galactica will keep this story alive for a few episodes and now hera is on galactica more of that story will be an issue too. 9.5/10 very good episode i cringed with starbuck over that glove melted onto her hand lol and nice to see the old bullets bouncing off tincans stuff lol, why oh why wont they use armour piercing bullets  ::)

yeah why the hell dont they watch the TOS back on the galactica and invent the laser blaster lol...

yeah lol. some serious flaw in the military might, but its kind of like how it is in iraq send over the troops and not give them boots and kevlar jackets  ??? likewise they send out there troops and give them guns that are useless. they coulda made spears and bows and arrows and threw rocks at the centurians at least they would kill em.

Galactica wasn't expecting to encounter the Cylons when the Raptors were sent to the planet. I suppose that's why the away team didn't have proper armament to deal with the toasters. Either that or those centurions had better armor like the ones from Valley of Darkness. BTW, take a look at this interesting text from Battlestar Wiki.

Ive just remembered something from TOS, baltar is actually killed by the cylons when he fails to deliver the galactica but a lucifer type commander, If my memory serves me well he had his head chopped off.  But I also think they actually brought him back as a android or possibly a clone. 

So going by that thorey I would be quite certain baltar is a cylon!!  trouble is I cant bloody remember the episode that took place in the TOS.

As for them not being armed well enough, well they should always be prepared for combat regardless if they where not expecting them, a company of maries you would expect to go down to the planet surface, especially a large operation like collecting food.