Starbuck on Big Brother ?!?

Tablet

Guest Mrthumps

Why is he doing this when he could be showing up on BSG?

Heck, wouldn't it rock if he was casted as one of the "Final 5"?

You mean people that truly test the word celebrity, I assume.

And WOW - I saw him on the Channel 4 "Bring Back The A-Team" where they affected a fairly impromptu reunion of the cast (except Hannibal - dead, and Mr. T - busy)

I thought this was about how my lady love bears a striking resemblance to - the new - starbuck when she smiles... no more can be said, without gushing.

it actually would be nice seeing dirk back on BSG, his did make his character boomer quite intresting, the gambler, womeniser and quite one of the highlights of the orginal show (was certainly more intresting than the orginal apollo).

Strange I thought he actually died but great seeing him still around

Yeah, I thought he died in the early 90s but I guess he got better... he sure as hell is showing his age though (much like the ACTUAL Apollo)... I guess they didn't have radiation shielding on their ships.

I suppose he could do a cameo...

IMDB: Dirk Benedict was born in Montana on March 1st, 1945.

That makes him 61 years old currently. Time passes.

IMDB: Richard Hatch was born in Santa Monica, California, USA, on May 21, 1945.

61 also. No spring chicken either.

For 61, they both have held up fairly well considering the life of people in Hollywood.  ;)

Dirk Benedict: (On the new Battlestar Galactica's Starbuck) People kept asking me about Starbuck being a girl and I finally wrote what I thought for a British magazine called Dreamwatch. It was called Starbuck: Lost In Castration, and a lot of people got really angry -- 'this chauvinist pig, this angry bitter old actor, how dare he?' It was about why you can't have a character like Starbuck in a show today -- a cigar-smoking, drinking, womanizing lovable scoundrel. The feminist movement got rid of those guys. In the war against masculinity, the only way that character could work was to make him a woman.

Oh well, maybe no one will kill him on the UK show. That drunk Tower of London guy sounds crazy.  ;D

Well instead of trying to revive his career by trying to get a role in the new and quite successful BSG show...  ???

@neomaster i dont see how you can compare the two characters. Besides the name and a few superficial traits they are very different. The way i see it the new show is merely inspired by the old one and is not directly related to it. Any comparisons really dont  do either show justice.

Well instead of trying to revive his career by trying to get a role in the new and quite successful BSG show...  ???

@neomaster i dont see how you can compare the two characters. Besides the name and a few superficial traits they are very different. The way i see it the new show is merely inspired by the old one and is not directly related to it. Any comparisons really dont  do either show justice.

i have in the past been voical in what I actually think of kate whatever her name is (Boomer) in the new show, while her acting has got better I still think she is one of the weakest main characters, and I still think this is the case.

• 1 month later...