Stargate Atlantis 3x16 [The Ark]

TFMF

Discuss the latest episode of Atlantis [3x16 - The Ark]

With any luck, this episode should be airing tonight (Monday 8th January 2007)

You can also vote on how good you thought the episode was however you should only vote if you have seen this episode.

This thread may contain spoilers, so don't read any further unless you have watched the episode or if you are comfortable seeing what the episode is about.

Before the episode airs or before you have seen the episode, you can also use this thread to discuss rumours, spoilers and your hopes for what this episode will be about.

<<< Episode 3x15 Discussion

Guest Mrthumps

Just finished watching it and it was too terrible but it definitely wasn't the best.

I don't really have much to say other than that for this episode.

Not particularly impressive... this episode, I suppose showed at least WHY one should make sure to have something that passes for a space suit at all times when in an artificial environment.

Also, why is it always mentalists that they choose for these projects? Pretty generic stuff either way, an avoidable problem - and to be honest, the likelihood of a 30 second burn altering the path of a pretty big asteroid? They were dreaming.

It was ok but... not great.

To be honest, the fact doors weren't designed to close in the result of decompression was just silly... they even had automatic doors on the Titantic... I don't think the moon was actually that hollow and even if it was, the chances are that it would still have weighed (conservatively) probably millions of tonnes... chemical engines aren't all that powerful. I'd believe that they could be in a situation where it might take the

Actually, I'll tell you what I liked - we didn't just resort to the ol' "beam out" method. That was something of a relief.

Good episode! Interesting story, nice character interaction etc. They could have shown the finding of the asteroid and the rematerialization of those people, though. It felt like the beginning and the end of the episode were missing.

It was also kind of obvious that the guy who lost his wife was going to mess things up. So it was really surprising Sheppard and team didn't do anything to stop him. Why are they so slow?! Oh, and they lost another jumper...

The 30 second burn thing and the reentry part were visually cool, but so silly from a scientific standpoint that I honestly don't know if I stick with the "sci" or the "fi".

I voted Average (Leaning on Good). This wasn't a bad episode and there were some great scenes. I actually found the ending rather sad, how he was the last of his kind and he had to keep the story of their race alive. He may have been a villian in a way but i still thought it was a shame he didn't survive.

However, i thought this episode was too much of a filler episode. The previous filler episodes have been good if not great and have at least had some kind of importance to them (For example the episode Irresponsible [3x13] at least saw the return of Luctious and the end of Kolya) But yep - an ok episode with a good story.

I voted Average (Leaning on Good). This wasn't a bad episode and there were some great scenes. I actually found the ending rather sad, how he was the last of his kind and he had to keep the story of their race alive. He may have been a villian in a way but i still thought it was a shame he didn't survive.

However, i thought this episode was too much of a filler episode. The previous filler episodes have been good if not great and have at least had some kind of importance to them (For example the episode Irresponsible [3x13] at least saw the return of Luctious and the end of Kolya) But yep - an ok episode with a good story.

I voted good, was one of the better ones of season 3 which so far as been the weakest of all three, to be honest i do think thats its abit nit picking going on about the decompression and the doors, end of the day it was enjoyable to watch.

I think every episoed of stargate is good I only hope the show keeps going otherwise I wont have much at all to watch.  I got sick of battle star gallactica months ago.

And has anybody heard anything about the new stargate series it was talked about on Gateworld.net.

I think every episoed of stargate is good I only hope the show keeps going otherwise I wont have much at all to watch.  I got sick of battle star gallactica months ago.

And has anybody heard anything about the new stargate series it was talked about on Gateworld.net.

Lmao I think you have this the wrong way...i to also like ST:A but i like even more BSG which has to be one of the best thing on the whole of TV at the moment.  TBH season 3 has been disappointing with not alot really to talk about, whereas BSG has had alot going on in it.

I voted not great. Why?

Well it's the first time ever I've watched a new episode of any sci-fi series and fell a sleep halfe way through...

To sum it up: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........zzz...

And... (to 2nd neo)

BSG = Mature, for 'grown ups', requires a brain to watch, has a stories within stories, drama and no silly oneliners. ;D

SG = Juvenile, for 'infants', no brainer, no story (not even within stories ::)), 'pew pew', silly oneliners... :P

(maybe a poll on which show is better and how old the voters are...)

Actually, I almost fell asleep during this episode too. I swear, Stargate writers did exactly what the Star Trek writers did - created a computer program to write a generic script format. This was a generic - find human civilisation, something has gone horribly wrong, the stakes are raised, everyone goes home for a beer.

And yeah - if you get bored of BSG, I'm going to guess you're either monumentally impatient or you're young because it's the best show around.

I seriously need to watch BSG. I've never seen an episode before :o

It looks like such a great show....errr...but yes anyway...Atlantis... ;D

(Shall i just rename this forum to BSG instead? ;) )

ERM in a nut shell no as Alantis is enjoyable as well...

Well it was average.

First few minutes reminded me of BSG but the lack of any further flashbacks made the episode a simple recap.

If they haven't learned now they never will - Rodney must be bound and gagged before he touches ANYTHING. How many 'uh-oh' moments must they have before he learns to read the manual first and then push the buttons. He's like Dee-Dee out of Dexter's Lab - "oooo, what does this button do?".

It seems they did spend most of the budget on the station, as said the beginning and end seemed to be missing.

The Jumpers are fast becoming for Atlantis what the shuttlecraft were for Voyager - disposable and infinite, two things which they aren't. No mention if they recovered it, damaged or otherwise. I suppose they can use the Asurians to explain the full compliment again but for people stuck in another galaxy they are wreckless with these things especially when so few people can fly them.

Actually i seem to remember Atlantis having an entire bay of Jumpers (And they could have more throughout the city)

Unlike Voyager - SG:A can aford to take their shuttles out on joy rides ;) (although that didn't stop Voyager from doing it anyway)

first off, i don't think they just lost the jumper... its not like it blew up or anything, its probably still in orbit around the planet, they could have easily used another jumper and gotten it back. But beyond that, I hate how so many shows are starting off with the end of the episode, and then having a recap through the whole thing. It doesn't do anything useful, the episode would have been the same if they started with McKay and Shepard searching through the station