Recommend a "SINGLE" scifi movie.

Guest c4evap

Guest c4evap

First off...let me say this thread is not to be confused with the thread asking for movie recommendations so some guy could seduce his GF. OK? Good...   This thread is for recommending the one (1) movie you really like that you've recently seen. NOTE: After posting your one movie, please feel free to post another you'd like to recommend. Just try to keep it one movie per post (if ya can).

I'd like to recommend a nice lil scifi movie called "Alien Visitor" (AKA "Epsilon").

IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112974/

An off beat little gem of a movie. Sorry, no shoot-em-ups, flaming spaceships, blazing stars or the like. It's more of a thinking piece. Made back in 1977 in Australia and was written/directed by Rolf de Heer. Basically, it's the story of a woman from Epsilon sent to Earth by mistake (but was she really) who meets an Earth man. Not to give too much away...let's just say she has a profound effect on him. I loved this movie. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

c4  :)

yeh good one,

Rolf De Heer is one of our (Australia's) best film makers.

I actually met him a few weeks back.

I remember this one from years ago...

........and like C4 also insist that the rest of you see it.

I'd also suggest seeing some of his other films eg. "Ten Canoes" and "Bad Boy Bubby".

;D

Hmmm... now what would i suggest.... . . .  .    .      .            .              .

Guest c4evap

Ah yes...Ten Canoes & Bad Boy Bubby. Some really great films have come out of Australia. Not to mention Actors/actresses.

c4  :D

Code 46

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0345061/

Its like 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless yadder yadder...' for people who have not been turned banal by exposuire to an overtly feminine and sentimental approach to romantic entalgelment.

I checked out the IMDB reviews and decided to pick this one up. Found it for $5.00 brand new on Amazon.com

c4  :D

I have to say Ms Evap from your description of the film you make it sound like a sex reversal of Starman? That a nice film if your into the lovey duvy stuff....I`m not so thats why I recommend John Carpenters Escape From New York as a gritty interpretation of the future..........and REMEMBER  you can be cool even with a silly haircut.

I have to say Ms Evap from your description of the film you make it sound like a sex reversal of Starman? That a nice film if your into the lovey duvy stuff....I`m not so thats why I recommend John Carpenters Escape From New York as a gritty interpretation of the future..........and REMEMBER  you can be cool even with a silly haircut.

Naw. I don't watch movies like that for the "lovey duvy stuff". I watch them because they make me think. It's not Star Wars (or even Starman)...sometimes one gets a bit tired of all the "shoot 'em ups" - that's the time I like to stretch my mind. Sit down with a good scifi movie and ponder...

c4  ;D[br]Posted on: January 15, 2007, 02:55:59 AM

I checked out the IMDB reviews and decided to pick this one up. Found it for $5.00 brand new on Amazon.com

Glad to hear it.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. My house still refuses to clean itself (LOL). Hopefully, I'll get the chance this week.

If anyone here gets a chance...also check out The Quiet Earth. Great Aussie scifi movie. Another thinker.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089869/

c4  ;D

If anyone here gets a chance...also check out The Quiet Earth. Great Aussie scifi movie. Another thinker.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089869/

Australia - New Zealand ... there all the same  ;D

Speaking of old films...

If you haven't seen "1984"

& "A Clockwork Orange"

You should go get them.

Glad to hear it.

OK...I finally got around to watching Code 46. I think i'm going to have to watch it again because I'm sure I missed something. I've never seen anyone fall for anyone quite so fast as the hero of this flick did. I liked the characters and the story premise and I'm a big fan of Tim Robbins and Nabil Elouhabi  ;)

c4  B)