Stargate SG-1 10x11 [The Return - Part 2]

Vyperion

Well it seems the UK has a good deal again as I've just watched The Quest Part 2

Missed the first few seconds of recap and escape but they went with a cliched 'wait there's a door here' or something.

The Dragon battle could've been a little more intricate although seeing it swallow four blocks of C4 and then belch like it was nothing was quite amusing

And it's a second part that doesn't seem to disappoint. Although a great deal of time is spent in a very similar room, Daniel finally gets the head-sucking he asked for last time

And at the end... all is not well as Daniel is captured. CONTINUITY HAS RETURNED!

Daniel is going to ascend again, isn't he? ISN'T HE?!

The dragon battle was... well, it kind of reminds me of the Doctor Who cliffhangers where the Doctor would escape inevitable death with such fantastic plans as "Look over there!" or the magic wand - sorry, sonic screwdriver. Just anti-climactic to the point of pointlessness.

To be honest, why they didn't just put a hole in Baal when he turned out to be lying was something of a mystery.

Other than that, it played a lot like your standard "fix the problem" SG-1 episode, just lacking resolution.

Great episode! I've just watched it... Despite everything (new characters, new storyline and so on), SG-1 is still far more interesting and engaging than Atlantis, IMHO. Sometimes I wonder which show should really be going away... And Adria, oh, isn't she lovely? ;D

mbvh8.jpg

Adria is about all that's going for SG-1 at the moment... I wonder if they're going to just do a big ol' arc to finish the show off - that would raise my hopes, perhaps - but somehow I imagine we'll get Crichton going "gee I wish Daniel hadn't been kidnapped - well, off to a random planet!" She's lost the golden eyes though - those were hot.

I just finished watching the episode. If i were to give it a rating i'd say Good episode. I have to agree that Adria is a strong villian right now. It was interesting having the 'Quest' for the weapon spam several different planets and then having the chase with Adria trying to catch up with them.

Nice to have SG-1 back :) Although i disagree that it beats Atlantis ;)

Daniel is going to ascend again, isn't he? ISN'T HE?!

Don't humans still need help from an ascended being to ascend, and wasn't Daniel told last time that he wasn't going to be helped again?

No, they need to be of required intelligence, spirituality/state-of-mind and physiology. A balance of all three for them to ascend is required, good or evil. They can ascend solo. Having just watched the feature-length episode with Omah and Anubis she helped them as her punishment for helping fatso become ascended in the first place.

Also from the SG-1 episode with Anubis' "perfect host" where he was using a similar machine to reach the level of evolution required to ascend.

Also having watched some of the SG-1 special Michael Shanks said that Daniel wouldn't ascend or be human but something inbetween...