Battlestar Galactica 3x13 - Taking a Break...

Hilander72

[move]Spoiler Alert ... ... ... This thread is a discussion about above and below mentioned episode and may contain spoilers ... ... ... Spoiler Alert ... ... ... You have been warned ... ... ...[/move]

3x13small2xe.jpg

Off topic nonsense is in violation of Colonial Law and will be dealt with accordingly.

Air Date: Sunday January 28 (on

SciFi)

Imprisoned and facing charges of treason, former Colonial president Gaius Baltar survives a suicide attempt  only to face extreme interrogation techniques by his captors aboard the Galactica.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many characters on this show I just hate, and yet I keep watching.  Lee is right there on the top of my list of people I hope will die soon, right underneath Starbuck.  This episode just reminded why.

Characters I hate in order of greatest to least:  Cally, Starbuck, Apollo, Boomer and the rest of her model (maybe I just hate grace park), Tigh's wife (thank god she died), Tigh, The Chief, Leoben (I actually LIKE to hate him though).

Some great Baltar stuff this episode, just like I hoped.  Can't wait for the trial.

Not a bad episode, but too soap opera-ish for my taste. The only thing that saved the ep was Baltar's interrogation/torture. I was also intrigued by the "Baltar is one of us" comment Roslin made to Adama in the end. I know it probably means Baltar is human, so we're going to give him a trial, but it could mean something else... I still don't think Baltar is a Cylon, though. One thing is certain: BSG writers are making an effort to play with us... Who's the Cylon??? :D

Well damn I'll say it again Madame President is getting nastier and nastier she doesnt want justice she wants revenge, not a great way to be if you are president. The awecome 4 some (lee kira dee and sam) well nothing unexpected here in this complex relationship, seems that this will remain in the story for many many more weeks to come. The torturing of Baltar with Psychedelic drugs was interesting, i had to chuckle when the president knocked the tray over after they were all told to not make any loud noises lol, talk about the subconscious will.

Baltars Suicide attempt and his download was predictable first thing i thought was he still has his beard so this is a fantasy, didn't take long to be prooved right about this. Maybe Baltar is/was Jesus lol certainly he thinks hes the Saviour and the Chosen one lol.

No Cylons tho, no fight sequences and no evolvement of the way to earth story so I'll give this episode an 8.5/10.

Looks like next weektime (erm 2 weeks) will be a similar episode with the witch hunt moving onto Caprica 6. looks to me like the trial is going to take a lot of the remainder of this season unfortunately, with the finale probably involving the rescue of Baltar by the Cylons.

The first series was about the Cylons inhumanity and ruthlessness, the 2nd series was about mans inhumanity (I felt that the Cylons were more 'human' than the humans) this 3rd series is about revenge from both sides, in a way thats to be expected after such losses from both sides. Both sides are showing the sides of them that the others hate them for but the humans are losing the PR battle imo.

Well 2 weeks is plenty enough time to re-watch the original story so i plan to do that.

This is sooo deep and phycological, this is BSG at its best...not about how many tin cans you can kill or flying space ships in to atmospheres but the actual story, I have to admit I felt such satisfaction in baltar being phycologically tortured, phycially attacked by gator and the sheer rage of roslin...this is BSG story writing at its best sheer drama...

About the only weakness I felt this had was the boring yes boring lee kira dee and sam story...damn if i wanted to watch a bloody love triangle id watch the frackin boring eastenders or coronation street which i hate with a vengence.

In all I loved this episode and cant wait for baltars trial.... 8.5 out of 10

It's just inevitable that if there is an episode without stuff exploding and the like someone is going to say "this is like a soap opera", almost as surely as I'll moan about stuff. BSG has always been more about the personal side of things.

The whole love quadrangle thing DOES need to get wrapped up though, I won't disagree with that.

The Baltar thing was good - that SoB managed to dodge death twice in one episode... Rosalyn definitely came off as a bit deranged.

i liked Rosalyn before Baltar cured her ever since she's been a biatch the man saved her life and its like she wants him dead, almost like she wanted to die so the prophecy could be fulfilled about her leading the way to earth but not getting there which will no doubt still happen in due course.

The most intresting part was the interrogation and Gaeta is wierder than ever before. Geata has 'acted' oddly in past episodes, but those were merely little incidents compared with this one. It almost seems like Gaeta is become more unstable or he's trying to cover something else. Maybe he's a cylon or maybe not, but all these little things must add up to something.

I have to agree that the love square (triangle) is getting a bit 'old' by now. Although when Lee asked The Chief if he ever thought about Sharon was cold and a welcomed relive from all that heartbreaking sobbing.

I must be one of the few that actually think that Roslin has become a strong determined leader and is far better suited to be a President than she was in Season 1. That she actually even became or was allowed to become, the President was quite unbelivable in first place. (Imagine Dee suddenly becoming the President as a comparison).

All in all it was a good episode with great CGI's. :) (doesn't have to be action filled CGI's to be great)

The most intresting part was the interrogation and Gaeta is wierder than ever before. Geata has 'acted' oddly in past episodes, but those were merely little incidents compared with this one. It almost seems like Gaeta is become more unstable or he's trying to cover something else. Maybe he's a cylon or maybe not, but all these little things must add up to something.

I have to agree that the love square (triangle) is getting a bit 'old' by now. Although when Lee asked The Chief if he ever thought about Sharon was cold and a welcomed relive from all that heartbreaking sobbing.

I must be one of the few that actually think that Roslin has become a strong determined leader and is far better suited to be a President than she was in Season 1. That she actually even became or was allowed to become, the President was quite unbelivable in first place. (Imagine Dee suddenly becoming the President as a comparison).

All in all it was a good episode with great CGI's. :) (doesn't have to be action filled CGI's to be great)

I wouldnt say roslin was deranged at all, if it happened to us then you'd be raging if chrichill sold out to the germans in ww2 or bush/blair/thatcher sold out to Argintina, Iraq, Iran...so you would say it would be a natural reaction really....man i love a women with balls (not phyical ones either lmao).

common guys i dont believe only 4 of us watched this...

I think most people watched, but for some reason no one has anything to say, which is a little disturbing. I mean the episode wasn't that bad and it wasn't controversial either.

Usually there are several reviews out by now and so far there's none! So this inability to 'write' seems to be global. :-\

(Maybe no one dares to write anything bad about the show and decided that is safer to be quit than standout)

hold on neomaster hasnt bush/blair sold out to iraq? certainly looks that way and mister president isnt going to see saddam and threatening to put him in an airlock??? so much for justice, so much for equality, so much for having rights, so much for being innocent until proved innocent... lets face it she has seriously lost the plot and one way that might be fitting of her eventual demise is that she gets her forehead to taste lead  >:(. lets not forget the man she wants to kill is the same man that also saved her life, perhaps its karma for baltar and that one of them has to die! time will out :)

Not to mention she has also rigged the election and returned to the presidency through dubious means. Yes, Roslin has changed a lot since Baltar used Hera's blood cells to cure her. Maybe it's the half Cylon blood in action... ;D

About Baltar, I don't see him as a traitor like the one in the original series. Not yet, at least. Yes, he has screwed up several times and is always in the wrong place at the wrong time, but he is basically trying to save his a**. As far as I recall, the guy has never truly conspired with the Cylons to destroy mankind and so on.

yeah i agree he had a gun put to his head with the death warrants and the defense plans he didnt know about till it was too late. the only thing he has done is helped the cylons to find a path to earth but again they would have killed him had he refused. bet that madame president finds him guilty despite the evidence come the trial.

yeah i agree he had a gun put to his head with the death warrants and the defense plans he didnt know about till it was too late. the only thing he has done is helped the cylons to find a path to earth but again they would have killed him had he refused. bet that madame president finds him guilty despite the evidence come the trial.

ermmm ok lets say churchill was captured and tourtured by the german ss (i aint gonna use the iraq thing as it would end up sending this off track), and basically said if you dont give the defence plans of the RAF prior to the battle of britain they will shot him, do you think he would actually do this, errrm no,

you also could say baltar is like the vichy leaders in vichy france in ww2.  In the same way baltar should of resisted the cylons, he was the representing the humans when they where on new caprica, instead he coluded with them and assisted them...which is treason!!

I consider Baltar to be a traitor. No doubts.

He did give Caprica Six access to the Defense 'Mainframe', which lead to the almost complete annihilation of mankind and it doesn't matter wheter Baltar knew the truth about Caprica Six, since he should have not put himself in that 'position' in the first place.

Then he also 'gave' the nuke to Pegasus Six (knowing she was a Cylon this time), which she used to alert the Cylons to New Caprica and killing thousands of humans in the process.

If these little 'incidents' doesn't make him a traitor, then I don't what will. Maybe when everyone is dead and Baltar is the last human in existance...

There's something that hasn't been mentioned here (until now)...

When Roslyn came back into Office after New Caprica and after those dodgy "Death Squads" were in action :

She issued a pardon for "ALL HUMANS" involved with the cylons on New Caprica - by rights Baltar should be covered in that statement too...

As for the treason charge on the original event with the Defence Mainframe - that really couldn't be proved in any "fair" court - after all , the only "evidence" to that is Roslyn's vague memory of seeing Baltar with "a blonde haired woman" , not exactly damming evidence (and what he said while under the influence of those drugs would be highly suspicious I think..)

" post="126729" timestamp="1170381794"]She issued a pardon for "ALL HUMANS" involved with the cylons on New Caprica - by rights Baltar should be covered in that statement too...

He, he... That's true! I wonder how the writers will get away with this because, other than the stuff that happened on New Caprica, Roslin and Adama don't have much to hold against him.

As Megalith suggested, the only thing they could use in a fair trial is Baltar helping the Cylons find Earth's location. Maybe they will "convince" Caprica Six to testify against him... That'd be cool! ;D